Author Topic: HAL and Windows Vista  (Read 2340 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

HAL and Windows Vista
« on: September 01, 2007, 10:30:41 am »
Hello Rob.

I have installed HAL with Windows Vista, so far it seems to be running quite well with no hitches.

Good Work.
Jerry[8D]

Bill819

• View Profile
HAL and Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 01:05:04 am »
That is nice to know Jerry as I just bought a new Acer laptop and it came with Vista. I still like the XP system better as some of my older programs will not run on vista. By the way Wal Mart is selling Acers for only $400.00 plust tax. It is a really nice machine.
Bill

antec3

HAL and Windows Vista
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 11:57:50 am »
Just upgraded my pc to vista home premium. New operating system definitely takes some getting used to. At first, some of the new organization schemes are frustrating to someone who is really used to XP, but it has much better visual flare (if you set it to the Aero glass appearance scheme) One important note for all Hal users: The windows vista aero scheme (the appearance setting that makes the windows transparent) causes some serious conflicts with the Haptek player. I am running a 1.2 GHz AMD processor, 1GB RAM, and a GeForce 6200 BFG 256MB graphics card. Every time the Haptek player would load, all of a sudden my screen would freeze, go dark for about 20 seconds, and then come back with an error message saying "WDDM driver has now successfully recovered". This would keep happening over until I closed Hal. I finally discovered that if I unchecked the option for window transparency, the Haptek player works just fine. Thought I'd throw this bit of advice in in case there are any other vista users experiencing difficulty with a similar problem.