dupa

Author Topic: MS Character errors  (Read 3079 times)

Runtus

• View Profile
MS Character errors
« on: May 19, 2008, 12:50:00 pm »
The MS characters keep crashing after HAL says something.  I am not sure whats going on, also sometimes he will just repeat todays data and time for no reason.  Any clues?  I am using Vista Ultimate 64bit and also I downloaded the Enhanced Brain but the error still presents itself on the stock brain.

For example I said "you are welcome" and he spat out the date.

I am getting some scripting errors and well.  I have the free will plug in and the MP3 with the age plug in also.  No matter what character I use I get the error message.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 01:03:15 pm by Runtus »

Runtus

• View Profile
MS Character errors
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 03:15:08 pm »
I do not get any errors when I have no character selected.  A little annoying because I love having characters on this thing.  I am going to make a fresh install on a new directory to see if the problem persists.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MS Character errors
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 05:41:10 pm »
I would advise to use the directory that UltraHal selects to use during the install as a lot of 3rd party plugins expect to see and will use that folder/directory.

Secondly, try unchecking all plugins then restart Hal and try typing a few lines of conversation (note any errors).

If no errors then select one plugin at a time - test Hal again.

This might help pinpoint what is causing the errors.

Make sure that the files you download and wish to use are specifically written for the version of Hal that you're running as some are still available for Hal 5.0 and may not work properly with Ver.6.0 or 6.1.

Keep us posted on your progress.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Runtus

• View Profile
MS Character errors
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 05:49:18 am »
Tried both of what you said and everything so far still seems to be doing the same.  I've reinstalled HAL back to the default directory and it seems to be working fine.  It only crashed when ever I use the MS agent.  Note when I use a ms agent the speech engine changes as well.  This may be a Vista issue (more then likely). I'll just have to do without for now.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 01:31:20 pm by Runtus »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MS Character errors
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 05:30:47 pm »
Vista was not only quite flakey with Hal but with the Haptek characters as well (slow, jerky graphics and I have a relatively new computer). At the time, a lot of third party devices and software no longer worked as well.
Needless to say, I removed Vista and went back to XP. I'll gladly trade bells and whistles for functionality any day!!

Sorry about your progress...or lack of it.

Hopefully Robert's next release of Hal will address some or not all of the Vista issues along with a few other ones.

Cheers!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Runtus

• View Profile
MS Character errors
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 06:04:30 pm »
Yeah it is really frustrating I mean my system is a Quad core (over clocked to 3.5Ghz) 2GB DDR3 1800mhz Corsair Dominator.  Most things are fine but whenever I use the charaters HAL operates slow and crashes.  Without them and its fine, rather annoying seeing as my whole system cost over $2000.

Nice to see your still around Art.  Seeing as me and you discussed alot of ideas for HAL in the past it would be interesting to have your opinions on some of the things I've said in my other post.