dupa

Author Topic: A MAJOR NEWBIE PROBLEM!!!!!!  (Read 2571 times)

HumbleClark

• View Profile
A MAJOR NEWBIE PROBLEM!!!!!!
« on: February 02, 2009, 07:30:06 am »
OK this is my first post ever and I just have to ask because I have searched this forum for an entire day like all day!!! just to find out 2 major things..and hopefully I can get sage advice from you hal masters ok
1) I have no idea how to install a plug in I have tried the plug in installer but it took me a while to grasps sadly[:I] and i have tried copying it to my hal folder(BTW I have hal 5) and I keep reading about the awesome plugins and where to access them in the brain tap in options and i see nothing there i except the brains i have i currently use the hal5XTF v1.2 but as for plug ins none work..every time I click on 'advanced brain options' i get  its the default brain 5.0 and has no additional options do i have the wrong copy of 5???

2) how do you add a particular sentence for hal to respond to?..like from the braid editor i created a small command (before the sing plug in) for hal to sing(which suppose to just be a response to words in the trigger) but it refuse and i even had the yes or no command lines so hal would ask if he/she should sing me a song and i would say yes but it didn't and yes i did follow the proper command line format but i tried adding it everywhere but it kept telling me some ''I dislike the patronizing sing song voice that some nurses use with patients.'' for the trigger ''sing me a song''!!!! how and why??!! please help..I cant even find that response to edit it with my own.

thank you in advance(sorry for the length)

Clark

btw you guys are amazingly talented I cant wait till i enter year two to learn pogramming!!![:D][8D]
Its not the size of the dog in the fight..Its the size of the fight in the dog.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 07:48:44 am »
Welcome to the forum.

I can answer question 1 - the reason plug-ins aren't showing up is because you are using the old Hal (v5).  To use all the wonderful plug-ins people have made you need Hal 6 and upwards.  You can download a demo from this site - just go to the home page and you will see a download link.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:49:20 am by freddy888 »

HumbleClark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 08:53:57 am »
oh man!!! I cant believe all this time i've had the wrong hal thanks alot freddy888 especially for the fast response i'm going to download the demo now
Its not the size of the dog in the fight..Its the size of the fight in the dog.