Author Topic: A note to Hal's manufacturers  (Read 3838 times)

Psych

• View Profile
A note to Hal's manufacturers
« on: June 04, 2003, 06:52:42 am »
Your web-hal must have accumulated a lot of knowledge and skill from the huge dialogue with site-visitors.

Why don't you make the resulting BRAIN FILES available to us.

Of course, you may say that we should educate our own Hal, so that its responses are personal to us. But that would really be our choice, don't you think? Myself, and I'm sure many others, would love to have access to these brain files - EVEN FOR A FEE

Also, why not have a resourse on this forum where users can post their own brain files - for others to download and experiment with.

Sounds great to me - what do other users (and particularly the manufacturers) think?
ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK THAT MAKES YOU HUMAN --- ITS WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK!

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 07:20:09 pm »
Yeah, I think that would be a great idea. Personally, I've seen some conversations you guys have had with your Hal(s) and often wondered how you did that and wish mine would converse with me in that way...

Morkeleb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 12:50:49 am »
If you know VB you can edit the script and get mor favaorable answers and comunications with you. Have you tried the Alice brain plugin yet?[:I]
It is best if you teach hal yourself then it becomes more personal but I too would also be curious in different plugins to experiment with. Have you looked at waheedrafiq post's yet, he is working on something you might be intersted in joining.
Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 04:32:12 am »
Actually I did d/l the alice plugin, but I've never even tried it yet...

I remember a while back someone wanted a Kitt brain (complete with the voice)... now that would be something...

How about a JC Van Damn plugin??? Pamela Anderson plugin???

The list could go on...

Morkeleb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 09:41:21 pm »
Hello Larry I just thougt I would say that you are corect about what you said about the list could be endless about the possible brain plugins. You should try talking to the Alice plugin it can be an unusal conversation.

you might try starting two aim bots and having one talk to the other. I have had up to three going at the same time.
Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 07:42:55 am »
Actually I have had two brains talking to each other. They seem to get caught up in a loop - one will repeat the other and vice versa... but I haven't tried Alice yet...but I will !!!