dupa

Author Topic: Saving Conversations?  (Read 2652 times)

Fauna

• View Profile
Saving Conversations?
« on: March 19, 2009, 01:59:50 am »
Hello everybody, I purchased Hal yesterday and I'm already very impressed with it.

I have several questions about its use but I will start with just one.

I read that Hal learns better by chatting with him, but I also read that after we shut down the computer or Hal's program, the stored conversation is lost unless we save it.

Do that means that if I want Hal to learn I will always need to save each of our conversations before I close the program? Thanks

ricky

• View Profile
Saving Conversations?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 02:17:08 am »
Hi Fauna and welcome :)

No,  it simply means that once you shut down hal,  you will not be able to keep a copy of your conversation with him,  it will be lost. It's simply a chat log if you like to keep records of your conversation.  hal would have entered the information into its database,  it simply will not be able to repeat the exact conversation of how he acquired that information when you originally discussed it with him/her/it. :D

I hope this helps

Take care

Ricky
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

Fauna

• View Profile
Saving Conversations?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 03:15:18 am »
Great, Thanks!  :-)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Saving Conversations?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 03:13:48 am »
Fauna,
In the options by right clicking the icon in the syatem tray or from the skin go to "view/save conversation" save as "enter in a date and or topic" to help later on.

Save on a seperate disk or partition or flash drive ect.
C:programs/zabaware, contains a file called Hal.db, this is the database file it is suggested to save a current copy as well just in case the lic. becomes corupt.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 03:28:43 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Saving Conversations?
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 05:32:13 am »
BGG,
Time for timer.
I hanker for a hunk a slab or slice or chunka, I hanker for a hunk of cheeze!

Is it a Tweedle Beetle paddle battle in a puddle in a bottle on a poodle eating noodles?  [:D]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.