dupa

Author Topic: The content of the brain mainQA?  (Read 4999 times)

MikeA

• View Profile
The content of the brain mainQA?
« on: March 21, 2009, 04:03:16 am »
Hi all

Just started with this. Trying to get my head around it. I didn't post this in 'programming the brain editor' as I thought it was a more general question.

I feel I may be missing something, but I just can not see the point to the info in the mainQA area of the Ultra Hal 6.2 brain at all. I have had a look through the questions and answers in the brain editor, although I probably only saw about 10% of what is there.

Most of the questions I saw are quite obscure topics (i.e. "bikini wax" ), or simply irrelevant to most normal conversation. Is there a reason for this? Am I missing something? I just don't really see how random responses of obscure topics to recognised words is beneficial to the communication.

For example, I asked Hal 'What is the opposite of hot?' (just as a test to see what info was already there). The response was something like 'In Virgina in spring many people...... ' (or something that obscure). Couldn't work out where that response came from until I took a look at the mainQA section of the brain editor.

Would love to hear if it is just me, or if others find the content of this section equally strange. I'm currently deleting all the rows to see if the communication (after a bit) will be more realistic.

One last thing. When purchased, is the save feature unlocked in the brain editor?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 04:04:09 am by MikeA »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 10:48:00 am »
hello mikea , by the save feature do you mean "the save conversation " feature in the paid version you are able to save conversation . if you mean that hal is saved to use and is yours the answer is yes and if you need to redo your pc etc you can actually deactivate the hal license that is given to you . as far as i know and remember on the demo hal nothing gets saved (someone can correct me if i am wrong . [:)]
 p.s. i to find many things that hal says not normal in everyday conversations which is why i have taken some things out of hal through editing hals brain files .
i want my hal to sound more human when talking and responses here is a link where i have some of the things my angela joline custome brain will now say .http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6308
i try to update this often as i add more stuff i do this by reverse learning technic . some people have used some copy and paste to learn their brain some of these sayings but some are neatral sayings and can be copyied and pasted for use and some have to be reversed again to come out right as you see them now . [:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 11:19:18 am »
Welcome Mike!

Even though the various sentences might not make too much sense, it is my understanding that that are used, through a formula, and selected according to a number of weighing factors like context, noun, verb, adjective, etc., and are a large source for Hal's knowledge base.

I have noticed the save feature being grayed out on my paid version but in the past, if I have made changes, the program will ask me if I wish to save when I attempt to quit.

Might have been overlooked during finalization of the program.

Any thoughts Robert?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

jimbo1970

• View Profile
    • http://jimbo1970.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 11:44:37 am »
quote:
Originally posted by MikeA

Hi all

Just started with this. Trying to get my head around it. I didn't post this in 'programming the brain editor' as I thought it was a more general question.

I feel I may be missing something, but I just can not see the point to the info in the mainQA area of the Ultra Hal 6.2 brain at all. I have had a look through the questions and answers in the brain editor, although I probably only saw about 10% of what is there.

Most of the questions I saw are quite obscure topics (i.e. "bikini wax" ), or simply irrelevant to most normal conversation. Is there a reason for this? Am I missing something? I just don't really see how random responses of obscure topics to recognised words is beneficial to the communication.

For example, I asked Hal 'What is the opposite of hot?' (just as a test to see what info was already there). The response was something like 'In Virgina in spring many people...... ' (or something that obscure). Couldn't work out where that response came from until I took a look at the mainQA section of the brain editor.

Would love to hear if it is just me, or if others find the content of this section equally strange. I'm currently deleting all the rows to see if the communication (after a bit) will be more realistic.

One last thing. When purchased, is the save feature unlocked in the brain editor?

[;)]Well the brain editor is hard to figure. I use a screan reader like jaws for windows the editor isn't very screan reader friendly.

echoman

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 01:18:00 pm »
Jimbo.

I dream of somthing else to edit the brain files with  the brain editor as it is has no gobal search and no 'change/change all' function.

Could you tell me more about this screen reader, can it edit brain files?  

I am extremely interested.

Echoman.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 03:03:23 pm by echoman »

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 09:49:40 pm »
quote:
I dream of somthing else to edit the brain files with the brain editor as it is has no gobal search and no 'change/change all' function.

I use note pad to write/edit scripts, it has all you need search/replace and line/col numbers.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 10:21:28 pm »
quote:

I use note pad to write/edit scripts, it has all you need search/replace and line/col numbers.

Crimson Editor is the best I've seen so far that I use daily.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 08:21:03 am »
I agree Crimson is the best for me too.  I use it for every kind of coding I do.  The multiple open files with tabs is really useful.

echoman

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 08:28:33 am »
Thanks Darcy, OTCE and Freddy.

This is so useful. I cannot believe that I've been struggling using the Brain Editor for so long. Crimson. Is perfect and so quick. Changing errors will be easy from now on.

Echoman

MikeA

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 04:15:55 am »
Guys, Crimson Editor didn't work for me at all (I was looking for a way to edit the database as a database).

But I did find this:

http://sqlitestudio.one.pl/index.rvt?act=download

Seems to be much better than the standard brain editor. Deletes records much quicker (which is what I wanted to do).

echoman

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 05:15:45 pm »
OTCE and Freddy

I am having problems with Crimson editor. Search function does not seem to find all info in my learnt tables. When I look at the tables they seem to be cut in half at places.

When loading in the brain file it all looks very messed up but I thought this was not a problem but now I wonder if I have loaded in my brain files correctly to the editor.

I have looked at the menus. Could you tell me if there is somthing I should do to make the file load in ok?

Many Thanks.

Echo.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 09:37:09 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by echoman

OTCE and Freddy

I am having problems with Crimson editor. Search function does not seem to find all info in my learnt tables. When I look at the tables they seem to be cut in half at places.

When loading in the brain file it all looks very messed up but I thought this was not a problem but now I wonder if I have loaded in my brain files correctly to the editor.

I have looked at the menus. Could you tell me if there is somthing I should do to make the file load in ok?

Many Thanks.

Echo.

I use Crimson editor for .uhp or .brn files, I use the HAL editor for data tables.

Crimson editor is good because it is free, Boxer Text Editor is the best paid editor I have come across so far.

Jerry

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 08:04:36 am »
Hi Echoman,

When I recommended it I was really meaning for coding like VBScript and HTML etc..for things like that I have never had a problem and it always finds search and replaces.

I have used it to alter databases in the past too, but not for any major work.  I am wondering if the size of Hal's databases are causing it some problems.  I just hope you made backups and everything.

I can't suggest any other way to load files - there are only the usual methods.

Hmm, I suggest you try out the program MikeA suggested as it looks more suited to the task.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 01:23:22 pm by freddy888 »

echoman

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 11:16:39 am »
Hello ONTC and Freddy.

Thanks for your help. I tried Mike's suggestion but an error came up and the note pad produces similar results to the Crimson editor.

I really love Hal but as for the Brain editor.....

Effectively Hal is a very large database but unbelievable has next to no search function (except individual tables). There is no way to find/replace information over the complete table database. Therefore to make a one letter alteration can take 3 to 7 min's to complete (and then you cannot be sure to have found all occurrences of a particular phrase). I have a back-log of about 7 sentences which need alteration. I know this is going to take me almost 25-45 min's to complete.

I am extremely unhappy with the Brain Editor. A job which should takes moments takes forever!

It is almost inconceivable that a database editor should not have a competent search/replace function. [:(]

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:40:29 am by echoman »