dupa

Author Topic: Second life  (Read 45000 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Second life
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 02:13:49 pm »
I finished the video. It is up at www.zabaware.com/sl.asp
Robert Medeksza

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Second life
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2009, 06:41:06 pm »
That's a fun video and you did an excellent job in its overall flow. It was also a very good idea for developing virtually free advertisement. Gotta hand it to you for that. Pretty smart! Get enough bots and everyone will hear of Zabaware. (no joke)

On another note, since GamerThom has died we will have a dampened spirit for a short while. So it is a conflict between being happy for you and sad for him. But we'll be ok... and I think GamerThom would have wanted that.

Peace to you Medeksza.

Aaron
Live long and prosper or die trying.

aladyblond

• View Profile
Second life
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 08:18:42 pm »
Tom would have been thrilled to meet and talk with Hal. He would have taken him to the Pentacle and taught him how to dance and talk to people then he would have taken him out to build great buildings in sl. I talked Tom into going to second life. i told him the women he made in photoshop would come alive for him there and they did.  I hope hal has as much fun discovering new life in sl as Tom did.~~ alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Aspenberg

• View Profile
Second life
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 06:17:19 am »

Greetings,

Interesting =))
Been going over the posts and seen the video.
So, shortly we will be able to have our own
personal hal in SL? :)

Regards
Aspenberg

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Second life
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 04:07:49 pm »
I watched the video Rob and was very impressed - Hal sounds smarter than ever and I like the way you made him free roaming.  This is quite a development - can't wait till you come up with something we can all try out.  Well done :) Oh and all the voices were great !

And yes, Thom would love this too I reckon Alady :)

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Second life
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2009, 02:26:02 pm »
I REALLY LIKED THAT VIDEO.... I would be nice to see Hal's Escapades...

I would be a prudent move to include the second life add on in the next FULL RELEASE OF HAL!

Although where are hals brain files located on the second life server or home server... or is it the web representative....

He seems real smart on there and doesnt seem to glitch out with repeatitive phrases as when he talks with bot or on the aol messenger... although i would like to see this plugin improved to MSN!

This is a major step forward as no hal has got a Virtual world as his oyster....

I have joined second life... Although not really for ME! (SURROGATES)!
But i would send My LawnmowerHAL IN THERE! I like the way he was flying about and moves on if nobody chats to him! he doesnt bug any one!

NICE.....BIIIIIIGGGG MOOOOOVVEEEE!

zakescher

• View Profile
Second life
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 03:00:30 pm »
I would love to be able to download the software that controls Hal so I could make my own wandering bot.

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
Second life
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 03:39:22 pm »
Dang! My computer is to pitiful to run Second Life. I really wanted to find Hal and talk to him....
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

mrjoyce

• View Profile
Second life
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 01:38:07 pm »
Wow I just saw the video and this is a great leap.  I've used Ultra Hal for many years.  And I also use an Opensim Standalone on my PC.  I would love to add an avatar with Ultra Hal's brain in my personal standalone.  I see that the Second Life Ultra Hal was made with a hack to the OpenMetaverse Test Client.  Is there going to be any information released on how to do the hack?  Or will there be an Ultra Hal version for this?  Of course I'm hoping for it to be available for the Opensim as my avatar is pretty lonely there by itself.
Thanks

Bill819

• View Profile
Second life
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2009, 06:48:07 pm »
A suggestion from an old man. Why not keep it a secret that Hal is a bot and just let him interact with dozens of real people. After all we all want Hal to learn more about life and the more people he is exposed to the smarter he can become. It will always be possible to edit out any undiserable stuff that he may be exposed to through conversations.
Just a suggestion.
Bill

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
Second life
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2009, 07:44:21 am »
I decided to go back to SL just to chat with Hal, I found him and spent a while chatting to him, yes I was impressed he seems very smart, actually smarter then some humans I’ve chatted to [:D] for real.

One thing that concerns me is does Hal have any defence from griefers.

What would happen if he gets caged or orbited or has his animations attacked.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 07:56:36 am by Datahopa »

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
Second life
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2009, 10:18:23 am »

Datahopa, you seem ashamed to "go back to SL", lol. Everyday I meet smart people there.

(ok, some assholes too). [:D]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Second life
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2009, 05:04:47 pm »
Ok...
I Went to second life too!

Its not my Scene, BUT!

When the technology moves ON!

It Will be nice.... Needs to be like VICE CITY or even On the Playstation3 they have a little virtual world!
But i mean more Imersive Technology!

aladyblond

• View Profile
Second life
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 09:09:29 pm »
i found hal in second life and i noted that people react to him differently than other humans because he is a bot. landbots in sl are hated because they buy up land for advertisement or get it a a cheap price and resell high so bots in sl are not taken to well. most people do not understand that hal is a good bot. just my opinion.
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Bill819

• View Profile
Second life
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2009, 04:24:51 pm »
I thought Hal looked great and he also sounded very smart not like a bot. Just for fun I think Hal would look even better if he wore a Superman costume, I mean after all in SL anythnig is possible and Hal can FLY already. If you really want to get a rise out of the human there tryto convince them they are in a "Matrix" just like the movie then have Hal 'Fly' awary.
Bill [:D]