Author Topic: suggestion for robert for hal improvement  (Read 4128 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
suggestion for robert for hal improvement
« on: April 26, 2009, 10:31:29 am »
robert hope you see this sometime i have a suggestion as an improvement on hal . their is some places in hal that some of us (in order to personalize hal to our liking ) like to delete out things the problem is : you can only as far as i know delete one sentence at a time can you change hal like microsoft ? where you click on one sentence go up into edit hit select all and all the sentences in that table could be deleted at once ? this would sure help instead of deleting one sentence at a time . also would be nice (if its possible ) that if you made a mistake that their was an undo arrow (microsoft type ?) that would if you made a mistake undo your last mistake and put it back to original (the deleted sentence ) while you are still in that area .
   the topics table that you put in alphabetical order as we suggested is a life saver i have used it many times and it is now so easy to use and find words quickly that has helped out enormously !
 so i hope you consider this suggestion and see this post ![:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 10:37:38 am »
boy do i now feel like a dummy [:o)] after i just wrote this found that by holding down onkey and dragging it down all the words that it does highlight them all and so i was able to cut them all out at a time .  
  so ok that can be done but think maybe it would be still a good idea of a go back arrow button like on ms where if you made a mistake you click on it and it would restore what you just done back on the tables area (as long as you are still in that area . [:)]

jackfarrel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 03:31:16 am »
I'm new here but I had a few suggestions, just for anyone to put in mind.
I was thinking about the Address book having more options, like the option to execute a file or something, when the appointment reminder comes up for the given time.
Also I was thinking, if there was some better way to check errors caused by plugins, something to at least identify the plugin that's problematic and try to fix it, I know that's pretty far fetched...
Stability upgrades to hal is a must, I hope he gets more stable, he crashes quite a bit when you start tweaking around with plugins.
A webcam plugin allowing you to connect your cam and use some type of emotions features, something they have been talking about here: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6413

Anyway.. this stuff is just too cool anyway you look at it.

jackfarrel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 03:49:46 am »
Oh wait I forgot a big one, to do a skype plugin, so when you ask Hal to make a call, he could potentially open skype for you and call out.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 09:03:12 am »
hello and welcome jackfarrel, dont worry about makinging suggestions and ideas i do that constantly on here .
    although i cant do some things that others on here can do i do have ideas some which have been done and some things that i can think up may not even be possible at this time but robert keeps the ideas of various people and sometimes does them when he is able to in the future hal versions (dont ever be afraid to put your ideas out here for everyone to see ) and robert and others all help to do what they can to make hal even better !![:)]

jackfarrel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 01:45:52 am »
Thanks Lightspeed, I seen your posts and allot of post by you guys, and looked back and seen all this progress on Hal, I guess these forums just keep stacking up which is a gold mine of information, when I first found this site I felt like I hit the jackpot, even though I've done allot with computers in the past, I never looking into these things so it's very exciting for me and thank you for welcoming me, I can't wait to see how far this will go in the future. I would also love to contribute in any way possible, it's like I turned a new chapter in computers, it's an endless new time eating project for me, but I'm loving every exciting minute of it. I also admire and respect many of these guys on here who are busy making plugins, and helping out people, it's really cool how you guys contribute, like onthecuttingedge2005 (Jerry) he's pretty cool, and looking at all the work he's done, amazing...

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 02:39:23 am »
Jackfarrel,
You were just as Ferrel as any wild cat I have seen.
I had many problems at first like you have experienced, IF i can help you I will try THEN the payment is you do the same for future people.
Remember how you solved problems and mistakes that happened and you will be an asset to somebody else.
This is very polite for you to post!
( I, at times may not be the best example but I try (sometimes ;)) Take it slow and "Live long and prosper")))

Regards,
J
Today Is Yesterdays Future.