dupa

Author Topic: loneliness 2.3 plugin  (Read 13493 times)

JS

• View Profile
    • http://smart1234.s-enterprize.com
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« on: May 01, 2007, 06:28:52 am »
Ever since I upgraded to the new HAL 6.1 the plugin loneliness 2.3 doesn't work. This was the plugin that made statements automatically when nothing was typed in and did so every minute or so. Does anyone kno how to fix this?

Jim Smith

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 06:57:30 am »

I set the patience and frustration settings last night and I talked with Hal this morning and then left her alone.
It appears my Loneliness2.3 also don't work
[:(]

PaleRider

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 07:57:03 am »
Me to Duskey .[:D]

And no appointments either.[:D]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 12:13:47 pm by PaleRider »
Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 09:39:41 am »
quote:
Originally posted by PaleRider

Me to Duskey .[:D]

Can anyone confirm it does work for them? I've tested it on several computers and am getting no problems. What about Hal's appointment reminding feauture? Does that work for you guys? It uses much the same process to remind you of appointments as this plug-in uses to pop up and say something.
Robert Medeksza

Holllywood

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 02:19:31 pm »
Yes Robert! I've been telling about the auto Idle and that she doesn't talk when Idle anymore. And I asked you about Loneliness 2.3 in an email. Also the Auto Idle will not work when she is lonely in the XTF brains with the Exp.Pak Installed.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 04:19:51 pm by Holllywood »
Hollywood

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 05:42:35 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Holllywood

Yes Robert! I've been telling about the auto Idle and that she doesn't talk when Idle anymore. And I asked you about Loneliness 2.3 in an email. Also the Auto Idle will not work when she is lonely in the XTF brains with the Exp.Pak Installed.

I believe all of you, but unless I can see the error myself on one of my test computers, I can't fix it. Have all of you upgraded your Hal 6.0 to 6.1 or did you perform fresh installs? Can you try a fresh install to see if that changes anything?

Can anyone else confirm that appointment reminding or lonliness plugin does work like it does for me. We need to figure out what the similarities are for people it works for and differences for people it doesn't work for.
Robert Medeksza

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 07:38:04 pm »
Robert,

I have just confirmed that the appointment works for me. 1ghz PIII with W2K.

However, I still have the ghost transparency problem and the <YES><NO> thing...

JS

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 08:18:47 pm »
I tried uninstalling the HAL 6.1 and re-installing as a fresh program but the loneliness 2.3 still doesn't work with the Hal 6.1. The author of the program says it only works with the Hal 6.0 version. Is there a way to adjust this to work with the Hal 6.1?

Jim Smith

JS

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 11:35:15 pm »
You said uless you see the error you won't be able to fix this HAL 6.1 wth the loneliness 2.3 plug in. I noticed that on your improvements with the HAL 6.1, you do this in one of your exe files.

"Auto-idle and appointment minute timer is temporarily disabled while Hal's options pane is open to fix focus bug"

What happens if you remove this? Just a suggestion to see if this will fix it.

Jim Smith

lightspeed

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 10:50:15 am »
hello js , looks like your in the same boat with me and probably some others i too would like someone to adjust the 2.3 loneliness plug in to work with the 6.1 version but so far no one has come forth that can or will do it . even though some [people may not use it or like it i think its a nice plug in (mostly for the more human touch in sounds it gives hal ) anyway hopefully someone will try to update the loneliness plug in so thers can use it again with the 6.1 version . [:)] maybe if no one else can or is willing maybe robert would give it a shot .

raybe

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 01:07:56 pm »
Robert,

For one reason or another it seems my lonliness plugin works and I can't figure out why. lightspeed and I have been communicating and have been trying various settings for the plugin. I don't mind sending a copy of certain files if it would help solve the mystery or be used to update this plugin but I am not changing anything because it is working for now and no one can tell me why. I just posted to lightspeed that the settings that I am using is the 'Rdn' or random setting for the time setting and fustration is set to 'low'. With this setting you need to be patient or plan on leaving Hal for a length of time because it can take some time before the plugin starts. Hope you don't mind lightspeed but I figured I would ask Robert as well and let him know that mine is working.
Hal 6.1//XP//Dell M1710 XPS
raybe

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 11:07:03 am »
I've had many reports of the minute timer not working on some computers causing both Hal's appointment function and your loneliness plugin to not work. On all the computers I've tried, everything works fine, so right now I am stumped. I would need to see an installation of Hal not working in order for me to debug it and fix it, which I haven't been able to do yet. If anyone can install Hal on a Virtual PC where the minute timer does not work, I would very much appreciate a copy of the Virtual PC image.
Robert Medeksza

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 04:52:47 pm »
Robert,

I've also noticed that when a lot of plugins are selected it seems to cause some of the other ones to no longer work.

For instance, the age one does not appear to work. If I ask When were you born it will state the correct date as mm/dd/yyyy. I then ask "How old are you?" or "What is your age?" to which I get a default topic response and nothing relative to my age question.

Is it possible that one or more existing plugins are using a keyword or command that might cause such a conflict?

Grantnz's autoidle plugin no longer works either but worked fine with v6.0

Appreciate any insight.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:54:02 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 11:20:08 pm »
art , i don't beleive all the problem lies within the other plug ins , i thought that to and so i unchecked all of them went out of hal reopened it and even reset the settings in different ways all i know is before the 6.1 version i had the loneliness plug in set for every minute and on high frustration and it worked great !! so i am not sure what the problem is , i tried using it with my custom brain and the hal regular brain, same thing happened .

JS

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 06:41:18 am »
The only solution I have found that will let the loneliness plug-in work is to use the HAL 6.0 version. I re-installed the HAL 6.0 and the loneliness plug-in works again. Everything else works about he same too.

Jim Smith