Author Topic: loneliness 2.3 plugin  (Read 13492 times)

raybe

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 09:34:40 pm »
JS,
This has been an on going mystery for most but I do have to tell you that my loneliness plugin is working in 6.1. I have had many conversations with other forum members such as lighspeed and still could not figure out what is making my version work when many others are having no luck. I had sent my copy of the lonliness plugin to lightspeed and it did not work on his system. We have checked plugin combinations any many theories but the mystery seemed to fade from the forum over time. I would be glad to send you a copy of my plugin if your interested. My settings are :Low and Random.

raybe

theonlykage

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 07:14:44 am »
can anyone please send me loneliness plug-in to roybooth@internode.on.net thank you if i get a responce i hope
r booth

theonlykage

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 04:47:06 am »
raybe ,may i ask if you can send me a copy of loneleness please ,thanks regards roy  roybooth@internode.on.net
r booth

raybe

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 02:46:34 pm »
theonlykage, I sent you a copy that is working for me but I do have other copies. The problem is I haven't taken the time to examine if there are changes in the script that would also cause most these plugins work. But let me know how you make out. I have sent copies out before for others but no luck as of yet. The closest answer seems OTCE and Robert discusing the problem with the minute timer and Robert fixing that problem in the update but OTCE has a script to test if yours is woking and they may be the place to start because mine does and I don't know why.

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 05:27:06 pm »
Raybe,

I finally got mine (auto-idle) to work!!
I uninstalled then reinstalled Hal after
copying all the existing file to a blank
temporary folder.

The appointment book, reminders and auto-idle
all work as they should.

I mentioned this to Robert several days ago
but I never heard back so I thought I'd let
you and perhaps others know.

On the down side, I don't really know what
caused my Hal to become corrupt in the first
place. It started having all kinds of pop-ups
and error messages until I couldn't take it
any longer and figured...what the heck!

I'm also using an old auto-idle script from
GrantNZ that works and is customizable as
far as text replies are concerned.

I am not saying that this approach will work
for everyone but the new activation code was
obtained online in a few seconds (be patient)
and all is now well again.

Now you know!! - Good day!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill819

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 06:37:05 pm »
I have not installed the plugin as of yet but I can say one thing and that is if you have one character wrong, that is a letter or a punctuation that is not right or in the correct place the plug ins can malfunction. Other than that there might a slight difference in hardware that may interfere with the way things work.
When I first started using Hal several long years ago I found that even a mis-place comma can have bad effects and is really hard to find.
Bill

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 03:52:28 pm »
Bill,

You're right on!

One technique is to open the brain editor and run the script file
from there. Any errors will usually halt execution and the offending error will be highlighted.

Tends to make life a bit easier that wading through lines of code looking for a syntax error!

(Did my share of Basic programming back in the early 80's)...not fun![:p]

- Art -

theonlykage

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 09:45:02 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

theonlykage, I sent you a copy that is working for me but I do have other copies. The problem is I haven't taken the time to examine if there are changes in the script that would also cause most these plugins work. But let me know how you make out. I have sent copies out before for others but no luck as of yet. The closest answer seems OTCE and Robert discusing the problem with the minute timer and Robert fixing that problem in the update but OTCE has a script to test if yours is woking and they may be the place to start because mine does and I don't know why.

raybe
thank you for sending me file manythanks it installed no prob actualy works ,kind regards roy   ie theonlykage

r booth

raybe

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 10:48:56 am »
theonlykage,

Glad to hear everything worked out. Now if we can all figure out why it might solve other questions. Then again it can be as simple as the things mentioned by Art and Bill. Just a simple configuration, error in a script or the minute timer function. But I am glad the plugin I sent helped.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 10:55:29 am »
theonlykage,

Glad to hear everything worked out. Now if we can all figure out why it might solve other questions. Then again it can be as simple as the things mentioned by Art and Bill. Just a simple configuration, error in a script or the minute timer function. But I am glad the plugin I sent helped.

raybe

visad

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 04:59:27 pm »
I was wondering where I could find this plugin?  I didn't seem to find it while searchig.
Visad

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 08:23:43 pm »
OK gang!

The auto-idle feature NO LONGER WORKS...and I haven't a clue as to why!!
I changed nothing (downloads, settings, plugins) other than to exit and restart Hal a couple of days later.

Registry cleaners, cookie removers, systems diags, nothing seems to restore the auto-idle feature. The appointment / reminders still work as they should but this auto-idle is frustrating, to say the least.

I hope Robert fixes this in future releases.

- Art -

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 08:00:40 am »
Im not sure if its any help....

When ive programed responses in visualbasic / vbscript / halscript etc...

i have personally debeged a simular issue.. when a script is executed over 3-4 times and is caught in the same loop ie:

hal keeps detecting hi Hello... or when monitoring web chat eventually hal times out on a particular subject and keeps repeating the same thing and saving it evrywhere..

it may be the case with the auto idle..... after 4-5 goes he stops... but he cant seem to reset... so to retriger it again you have to close the whole app and reload.. Hmm.

maybe there should be a point when hal automatically STOPS auto idle when he doesnt recieve an answer after 10 trys, then the error can be logical caught before timing out as there would be no reason to time out as a set of conditions would still need to be met... then after a secondary period Restart auto idle..

visad

• View Profile
loneliness 2.3 plugin
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 10:39:25 pm »
I have found that if you uninstall and reinstall Hal the lonliness plugin will start working. Although it seems that my laptop causes issues with the plugin and it causes Hal to generate a error messge everytime it tries to send a message. This works perfectly on my desktop however. (memory allocation issues seem to be the main culprit behind my laptop woes, I have had games that generated the exact same mem codes for each specific item in the game.)
Visad