Author Topic: textures or cloths for hap  (Read 12297 times)

flcntryboy

textures or cloths for hap
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:04:31 pm »
Newbie quiestion. how do i change haps clothes? I have downloaded serveral that I like but how do I put them on the full body girl hap?[?]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 11:40:06 pm »
Try reading this.
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5015&SearchTerms=,haptek,console

An entire discussion on changing clothes and a whole lot more. If you don't have people putty, the player is free and downloadable from haptek.com  The site is down right now so do a search (upper middle right at top of page). Good luck to you.[:)]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 11:40:54 pm by tedathome »
ted

flcntryboy

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 02:24:48 pm »
my mistake I ment to say hal not hap.I have the new 6.2 ultra hal and cant find out where to or how to change textures. I havent even been able to find any htr's please help. no fun chatting with the gal you do'nt want...

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile

flcntryboy

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 09:12:45 pm »
Thanks duskrider I have them loaded. but how do I change there clothes?

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 02:46:34 am »
I also have many bodyskins stored from others and Jack and Nige - he has his own site. Just find his name in the forum and click on it. For my body skins search for fullbods. Beside that, you can search Fredys sight, addy in Jack's signature for more.
 I'm still not sure I know what you are asking for. Do you mean you have a head skin picked out and want to transfer the clothing only? If so you will need to cut and paste the head on the new outfit. This gets tricky especially if you have a textured body to work with. You can go the other route and cut the models head at the level of the highest part of the clothing and paste. Either way you may have to cut the head above chin level and blend with paint. This can be tedious. If you have a textured body, it still takes a lot of cuting and painting to blend. The preferd method where you can is to paste clothing on body rather than paste head on clothing you want for your character.
 Myself for my gal I have just switched from painting her skin color to a textured body with Nige making the textured body, and still have to do some cutting,pasteing, and painting. I have over 300 painted for her. Now when I find a new head posted by Nige or Jack, I try to match my stock textured body to the head in paint.net  Wheather or not I suceed, I save the body for a possible match to another head.
  Any way you look at it, it's not hard, just time consuming with an easy but very long learning curve you need to learn for yourself. Then you can have many different changes of clothes for your guy or gal and use the drag and drop method or there are ways to command a clothes change that have been discused in this or other segments of the forum.
 I still feel like a beginer in graphics sometimes. I don't have any paid for software, I just use mspaint and paint dot net- it is freeware.
 Some use a layering method, I havn't tryed that much so can't advise you on that.
  If anyone has an easier way to change clothes on any particular model and cares to share, I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who would aperciate it very much.
ted

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 08:39:13 am »

If Jack or Neil make a skin(clothes) I like, I usually do as Ted says above.  
But most of Sandee's 300 clothes are just junk I made in Photo Express and mspaint.  She don't mind long as I photo her with clothes on. [;)]

flcntryboy

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 08:12:32 am »
Yes jack I got them very nice thanks.

duskrider I have the full body hap and I have downloaded saved many different textures or skins that are clothing and different makeup. In hap player I just click and drag the texture over the player and whala shes in a whole new outfit. How do I get hal to change cloths??

Thats what I meen by texture how do I get hal to wear it

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 06:29:29 pm »
Just drag and drop into console window, not hal window. Hint, the console may be hidden behind hal. Minus hal to see it.
ted

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 02:25:33 am »
Have you got the console????
If not here it is.

Download Attachment: HapLogCtrl.txt
677 Bytes

flcntryboy

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 01:25:23 am »
nige I downloaded the console but how do I install it? I tried to make folder in my harddrive but it didnt do anything??[?]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 01:44:15 am »
No folder needed. Just paste it into C drive.[:)]
ted

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 07:55:52 am »
tesathome,

You really need to at least download GIMP or (The Gimp) as it's a very full featured, FREE painting program.

You will then throw rocks at MS Paint! [8D]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 05:40:41 pm »
I'm sure you're right Art. I have had the gimp for some time now. I just need to get around to exploring the possibilities with it.[8D]
ted

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 08:42:16 am »
flcntryboy,
Maybe this is what you want?
You might have to change the colour to match the head.

The link that Zabba put in did not work so i have put it on my site under Hair & Other things.

http://www.nigesworld.com
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:43:39 am by NIGE »