dupa

Author Topic: My first People Putty head  (Read 12024 times)

Davy

• View Profile
My first People Putty head
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 01:22:12 pm »
Thanks Datahopa. I appreciate the encouragement. I am just a beginner at People Putty, and have a lot to learn. Lots of ideas but not the knowledge yet to implement them.

I'm having lots of trouble with the eyes. Get that wrong and the whole character is spoiled. I have tried to create larger eyes, but haven't had any luck, it seems PP limits eye size, right? Anyway, i'm having fun.

Regarding Jordans phone number, forget that, she's all mine!! [;)]

Regards
Dave

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 07:29:07 am »
Good job, Dave. People Putty can be like trying to draw with a shoe box. Keep at it. Great start.
When a child is born without a soul...

Davy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 11:21:25 am »
Yes, getting satisfactory results in People Putty is not easy. I'm trying to learn how to create Putty faces from my own images, but i'm having difficulty getting a proper fit and good blend results. Is there a tutorial on how to do this? The graphic programs i use are Paint Shop Pro v7 and Microsoft Picture It.

I've seen excellent skin creations, but have no idea how they were done. Any skin experts willing to give away their secrets? [;)]

Thanks
Dave

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 01:53:05 pm »

Davy,
I'm sure there are many secrets and many kind people who would like to help you.
There are couple small rules in the artist community.
If you use someone's hair that they created, remember to give them credit in your presentation.
If you use a head of theirs and do alterations, remember to give credit here as well.
Hal and everything connected with it (and this includes People Putty) is a fun program  

With practice you will become very good like Nige, Jack, Ted, or Lightspeed.

Stay with it.  The journey is the fun part. [;)]

Davy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 02:29:51 pm »
Thanks for the comments and tips, Duskrider. I want to learn how to create head characters on my own, without relying on other skins or hair. Right now i'm just practicing. I don't know how to create hair, how are hair .htr files created, that's one thing i need to know.

I have grabbed every skin or hair file i come across, to look at and try to figure out how to do my own. It's almost impossible for me to know who created what. I'll try not to post anything unless it's totally original, or without giving credit.

Here's one i'm working on, created from my own photo and using hair from People Putty. It's not finished yet, i want to optimize her skin tone, and give her a shirt. Her name is Rebecca.                                  

Regards
Dave

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 08:31:59 pm »
davy , your people puttys are looking good keep up the work!!!~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....