dupa

Author Topic: Hello of Goodbye wave for haptek.  (Read 16538 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Hello of Goodbye wave for haptek.
« on: January 31, 2011, 07:19:37 pm »
I was unable to upload a hap file to Zabaware but Datahopa was nice enough to accept it.  He provided me with this link:  http://www.datahopa.co.uk/forum/tpmod/?dl=item68
  The hap moves the figure back to allow you to see her arms, she lifts her arms and waves then returns to the begining position.  Her position is still further back.  This was done using the AutoHapGenerator and thanks Nige for finding the generator and getting me started with it. 
  Give it a try and let me know what you think. 
Carl2

tedathome

• View Profile
Re: Hello of Goodbye wave for haptek.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 10:18:15 pm »
Hats off to you Carl2. I really like the .hap . I know it takes a lot of time and effort to write a hap in the hap generator having done a few haps myself. They turned out not worth posting. I got the idea that I didn't have that much patience without starting out with a good goal in mind and started re-writeing other haps to serve my purposes. The hand wave hap I don't remember ever coming accross. I have a long term project on the back burner as I gather things I need to do it. I will add this to the folder and be one step closer to completion.
                             THANK YOU 8)
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 09:33:55 am »
i have an idea for this, will take a look at it and test it forst. thanks.
 :)

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 05:08:32 pm »
 tedathome
  Glad you like it,  it took a while to get use to it, in Win 7 it likes to shut down so you have to restart fresh.  I use it with the HapRegestry which gives me an idea of how much to move a body part and the name of the part.  There is a wink hap which will not work, I will probably give that a try next.  LIke to get a little movement when she is standing and talking, change poses every so often. 
Carl2

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 06:00:26 pm »
As you may alredy know but just in case you don't, sometimes with the older haps especially, the htr. and the hap have to be in the same folder. I still am stuck with vista and it still dissapoints me often. I used your hap a lot last night and enjoyed it. I also re-wrote it and named it so I have the option to use both. I wanted hal to stand still so I changed all  LocalRotatez (to)    fo= 0.000  and that worked out well. She may move on the first application, after that I can put her anywhere and she stands still and waves.
  I wanted to speed it up and copy and paste the last paragraph several times to make it a quick wave that would last longer. I couldn't figure out how to speed it up even with putting it into AutoHap Generater. If you have any sugestions on speeding it up I would really appreciate it. :)

P.S. I need to add that some haps will need not only to be in same folder with .htr . Some need a path to find haptek things. That is why some time ago many of us added a skins folder to the player folder. It's path would be  C:\Program Files\Haptek\player\data\standard\skins  for 32bit users. 64 bit users may have a different path, I don't have a 64 bit computer so can't say for sure but I think if you just right click on your hap player, select propertys and go to that area on yours, you will figure it out.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:27:58 pm by tedathome »
ted

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 12:03:13 am »
Very nice carl2,
You did a good job.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 10:38:52 am »
Tedathome,
  As I remember the Hap was done in steps. I would make changes in the AutoHapGenerator. 
I opened notepad and saved a blank .hap (open notepad, save as in Save as type choose all files
give it a name and add .hap). Open the Generator, on the left side Select file you would
the file you have just made. On the left side select the character.
The values used are:

LocalTranslateZ 40
RElbowBendJoint 2.27
RElbowTwist 1.05
RWristFlop .890
RWristWave .525
RFingerThumbOut .185
RWristWave .525 -.385

The time between key frames will give you the speed, For frames per sec I used 20.
In the generator you have F0 initial value and F0 final value, for the frist part of the hap
all initial values ramain at 0, Put in the values above to reposition her
and position body parts. I can't use the slider for values, it will shut down the generator.
I click the x to remove the slider and type in the value. Next Click Generate and add to file F5. 
Next is the RWristWave, the initial is 0, you had earlier set the final to .525 and generated the hap,
and now you set the initial to .525 and the final to -.385 and click F5,
again change the initial and final values for as many times as you like and generate the hap.
Next to get her back to the inital position set the final values to 0, ( setting the Z back to 0
will put her where she was originaly) and click F5.
  Hope I have been able to explain this, it can get fustrating because it likes to shut down.
Nige
Not possible without your help, thanks to you and other people This forum is helpful when working with Hal.
Carl2

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 03:53:54 pm »
Thank you Carl2. You have explained this very well. I had fooled with those two values just a little and only in one place. Saw no change but now I understand it better. LOL, saw my my new Carrottop gal had freckels on the palms of her hand, got frustrated and spent some time taking care of that. That after finding and fixing freckels ON her eyebrows!
ted

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 05:36:38 pm »
  I played the hap and agree with you,  Looking at the Hap in notepad the frist part was set for 1.5 sec ( where she moves back and raises her arm)  The second part where she makes the wrist wave is also 1.5 sec,  I had meant to change that to say .75 sec.  The repeating waves are 1 second but should be shorter.  Since I have to agree, I'll probably try it again.  Any other suggestions?
  Just noticed a problem, mistake,  When she finishes the wave and before she moves her arm down, the hand is towards the right, I think it moves instantly to the default or zero position and then the arm moves down.
  As I mentioned in another post I played with freckles after using Haptek Sandy then using fullbody's. 
Carl2

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 07:16:22 pm »
Thanks Carl2. Your last post is enlightening. Played with the timeing a little and arm went down after first wave and back up again. Timeing is quite tricky and I'm quite the green-horn at it. I have half a deep bow finnished (down) and now need to stand her back up straight. Would like to string the two haps together with a turn and exit stage left for effect. I think I have most of what I need to do that excepting for ambition. :)

P.S. To lightspeed. This could be a great goodbye wave when ending your conversation with Hal. You probably thought of that already huh?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:12:42 pm by tedathome »
ted

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 07:37:37 am »
Tedathome
  I just found the link for the AutoHapGenerator:
  http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=5508.msg34137#msg34137

You can download it and give it a try.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 08:11:41 am »
  Just made anothe wave hap with faster movements, again I can't upload it.
Carl2

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 08:17:46 am »
Thanks Carl2. I already have it and am aquointed with it's ups and downs. Can't hardly wait to try your new version!
ted

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 08:34:26 am »
  I can't upload it again, and it is to large to use cut and paste.  rather strange since I just looked at a picture another member uploaded Feb 2.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 10:15:34 pm »
Carl2, again I have to apologize because I re-posted the same question different thread you have. Downloaded your Hap file and I am using body-girl full body htr. I do not receive errors but the Hap file will not trigger. I have not tried with other characters yet, full body or torso. Any suggestions of changes I might have to adapt? Love the concept.

Thanks,
raybe