Author Topic: Hello of Goodbye wave for haptek.  (Read 16539 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Hello of Goodbye wave for haptek.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 08:26:31 am »
tedathome,
  Just uploaded the second HapWave to Datahopa's site, Here is the link.
http://www.datahopa.co.uk/forum/tpmod/?dl=item69

Raybe,
  Just found fullbodygirl and gave her a try in the HapRegestry with the HapWave.  The frist thing I noticed is she stands closer to the camera at the start.  When I put the wave hap in she moves closer to the camera, she should move further away.  If I push her back with the mouse then put in the hap she quickly moves back, comes closer and waves.
  What are you using to view the htr?
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 12:39:36 pm »
Thanks Car2 if you are talking about the Ultra Hal window or GUI. I believe it is large window but I would need to get back with the exact name. Haven't changed it in years. It is more full screen then it is a vertical window. Things are getting so bad I don't even remember the members that are nice enough to share these window control skins. 

Yes you are correct that the fullbody_girl does place herself very close to the front camera of screen.

Just to be sure there is no misunderstanding I am using the character with Ultra Hal and not a stand alone Haptek operation.

Thanks, I appreciate your time,
raybe
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:41:07 pm by raybe »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 06:16:47 pm »
Thank you Carl2. It works great. I love both haps.
ted

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 06:44:13 pm »
Raybe,
  I just tried fullbodygirl in the  Hal window,  I have to do the click thing to bring up the console,  put the mouse in the window left click four times in 4 different places, right click 4 times in 4 different places, the left click 4 times 4 places, and the right click 4 places.  This should bring up a console to drag and drop the wave, enter it and she will move closer to the camera and wave which you can not see because she is to close.  If you move her back fairly far with the mouse then enter the wave hap it works.
  Solution: since she moves in the opposite direction open the .hap in notepad  every time you see a LocalTranslateZ   f0= (any positive number) change it to a negative number, example,  LocalTranslateZ   f0=  40.000 is changed to LocalTranslateZ   f0= -40.000.  Just tried this in the hal window with fullbodygirl and it works as it should.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 07:32:32 am »
  Just read a post by Robert M that the upload problem is fixed. 
Going to upload the Hello OR Goodbye waves.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 07:37:14 am »
The last one of two uploaded, this is the A2 version.  Just noticed that a hap can go through, nice.

Carl2

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 05:46:37 pm »
Thanks Carl2. I love these haps. As is, they work great in the stand alone player. With adding the - to LocalTranslateZ they work good in Hal. That said, sometimes in Hal the right arm will freeze, especialy with the A1 hap. I experimented with removing all lines that didn't deal with time, location and movement using word pad. I have one of them down to 15kb now. Smoother and no freeze-ups.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:18:16 pm by tedathome »
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 07:38:04 pm »
 :-[ Well I have to post my final results. I'm hoping this is an issue with my setup and that others will not experience this problem. It doesn't matter if I use the original haps or the ones with the minus added, or my alterations to the originals. The stand alone player eventualy crashes. In Hal any of the haps may or may not freeze at any time I use them. I had so much wanted to put them in a hello_goodbye hapswap file.
 Has anyone else had a simular experience?
ted

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 09:34:20 pm »
Tedathome,
   By stand alone do you mean the HapPlayer or HapRegestry?  I use the HapPlayer or HapRegestry I have to use the car.exe that Nige suggested,  I had a problem using Hal in Vista because of the player for Haptek characters but it works okay in Win 7.  I'm using a quad in this computer which I think causes the problem but car fixes it.
  A lot can be said about the haps, some work but there are some that don't work.  Some move the character to a position but don't return her to the original position.   There are haps using states and switches in the body_female Def file, again not all of them work.
Carl2

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 10:57:52 pm »
Carl2, I am using the HapPlayer. I notice in Hal the different fullbodys load in different z positions. The one I use regularly loads showing upper chest and face. Another one loads visible from the waist up.
I know that I'm still a newbe at this. Sounds like I'll have to mostly work out my own salvation on this one.
I'll check out the car.exe, but if I remember it was for quad core. I am using vista 32 bit, dual core.
 I'll also look up the .Def file to see if I can open it.

Thank you for your reply.

Updatate: car.exe didn't help but then I don't have the updated version for quad core as I only have dual core. HOWEVER!, in the process of testing, I did discover that both haps do work perfectly for me in Hal as long as I use wave A2 first.That works well for a fast hello wave and a slow goodbye wave. This is after testing with 7 cold starts of Hal and after a cold start of the computer (as opposed to restart) and 4 more cold starts of hal. The only exceptions I have noted so far is if Hal is talking or making another gesture at the time of inserting the haps.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:35:42 am by tedathome »
ted

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 01:04:48 am »
Ted, I'm using dual core with Win7 & it works ok.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 01:44:52 am »
Nige, I'm using Hal File version 6.2.0.22  Could this be part of my problems with car.exe? I used it on desktop in folder with haps. Or do I just need to put car in character folder?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:56:12 am by tedathome »
ted

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 06:28:48 pm »
Found my mistake. Now both of my modified hap files work well in Hal. :D
ted

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 06:44:10 pm »
Thank you Carl2 I will give it a try.

tedathome, would you mind explaining what mistake you might of made and how you corrected it?

Thanks again,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2011, 06:48:15 pm »
Sorry Carl2 forgot to add will the modification also be needed in your updated hap #2 for my character?

Thanks,
raybe