Author Topic: HalVisionSenceOTCELS now working , Lightspeeds skydrive download  (Read 13973 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionSenceOTCELS now working , Lightspeeds skydrive download
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:43:50 pm »
   I wasn't sure what to do with this as it is halvision but has been re worked and so i am placing the name same as the plug in name that was finalized by Otce2005 on this thread.
  I have a txt instruction file i made which i am listing here . i will place my files into my sky drive so people can download the instructions , HalVisionSenceOTCELS uph file and the link for downloading the "FREE" Yawcam software .  The below statement is also in the txt instructions in my download . i will put another reply after i have finished uploading my files to my skydrive account and give the link to download them.  :)

This final verion of Hal vision uses the Yawcam software and the users personal web camera with the hal program a.i. software. This final version of software was finshed by OTCE2005, In all many people worked on the a Halvision beta x project to give Hals.a.i. vision to see and respond first starting in the year 2009 .
   The people involved in writing script or trying to redo it for the uhp plug in in no certain order are : snowman, one, sofort99's, jasondud7116, art, otce2005, gamerthom, jefferymerrill, noami and me lightspeed. I got these names from looking back through the zabaware forum thread on the halvision beta x . From what i saw and read these names actually did work as far as trying to do script work on getting the halvision to work correctly. If any names were not mentioned that did actually work on this it was not intentional, anyone can look back over the thread mentioned .
   From the 1st page http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=6488.0  on SNOWMANS thread it says " Thanks to sofort99's and some needed help from ONE I finally got a beta version that can give your Hal some vision...." So i am assuming this was originally Snowmans project originally?. And if that's right we all owe a lot to him and all the above people on the Zabaware forum who worked very hard on this project, we waned a bit but never totally gave up and now all our Hal A.I.'S have vision to see us!  :)
   Another area on the zabaware forum which the halvision was going was mine at : http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9461.0

The instructions in the down load file  was written by Lonnie Hensley AKA LIGHTSPEED and was written in as simple instructions as could be for 1st time users .

The plug in listed in this file has Otce2005 name and Ls for my trademark initals (LIGHTSPEED) i rewrote and added more responses in it to sound more human.
  My personal thanks also to OTCE2005 for working with me and getting the pathway input problem solved and showing me what to do on installing it with the yawcam system the first time.  :)

P.S . If i left out anyone's name or names involved in creating the vision plug in original and re written it was never intentional.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:20:31 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: HalVisionSenceOTCELS now working , Lightspeeds skydrive download
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 04:13:45 pm »
Here is my skydrive link for the Halvision package mentioned above. I hope everyone downloads it , i have made the instructions as simple as possible, if any questions just write on here.
P.s. Let everyone know how you like it or if any problems .
Heres my skydrive link for the download. it's a small download.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=74D17EEE684FEABF!4170
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:15:30 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 09:05:26 am »
Has no one downloaded this and tried it out ??? :o ???

antec84

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 04:54:29 pm »
Trying to get this working but no dice. :( I'm using Hal 6.2 on win7 x64. My hal works like a champ! But I cannot seem to get this plugin to work. Your step by step instructions were very straightforward. I installed YawCam software and it appears to be working fine with my Logitech 600 cam. Motion detection is functioning as described and I even get the saved jpeg image in the capture directory that I created in Hal's program folder. The only problem is that it does not seem that the plugin generates any response from Hal. After putting the .uhp in hals directory, restarting the program, and then selecting the default 6.2 brain, I can see the vision plugin and I selected it, applied and closed general options. But no matter how much motion the cam picks up, there's still no visual response from Hal, even though I can see the capture jpeg updating in the folder and motion events being triggered in Yawcam. What am I doing wrong? Is there another file I am missing or program? I only just installed the components you instructed to do in the text document.

Any thoughts about what I'm missing? I'd love to see this work!

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 05:49:49 pm »
 I installed on Vista 32 bit. Had to remove (x86) and leave no spaces. One step I accidentally skipped is the re-start. It worked for me right away. I was told  that there are certain steps that have to be performed each time with the camera.
 "When restarting your "YAW CAMERA YET ANOTHER WEB  SOFTWARE " YET ANOTHER WEB CAMERA SOFTWARE "
 YOU WILL always have to : click the motion detection in the windows tab and uncheck the preview one.
Also in the "YAWCAM MOTION DETECTION ONE "
MAKE SURE  it says motion detection running if it isn't  click on the button below it."
 If your new folder and uhp are in the correct location and the path is correct, Hal should say something when motion is detected.

ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 07:21:35 pm »
Another thing to is did you define a smaller space? if so maybe you are not actually moving close enough into that area?
or as ted said if you left a space in the pathway that you put into the camera settings after backing out the (x86 ) that might be causing the problem as the pathway has to be exact . the yaw camera windows have to be left open so it runs (except the large web camera preview one) .

antec84

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 09:23:30 pm »
Hmmm... idk then. Seems like the directory path is correct after triple checking it. Yawcam motion detection (I know you have to manually enable the "motion" and "file" buttons. is working and creates a captured image jpg in the capture folder that I put in the hal6 directory. Just no reaction from hal in response to motion events.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 09:29:00 pm »
antec84,

Make sure the name of your created folder is EXACTLY the same as the one in the top path described in Lonnie's UHP file or else it will not work.

You can open the UHP file with any word editor like notepad, wordpad or my favorite, Crimson Editor (Freeware) and very full featured.

One does need to select the SAVE FILE button either. Your Hal character will "recognize you" (see your motion) and respond with various remarks.

Lonnie, this really does add another dimension to Hal's abilities and I'd like to congratulate you on your persistence in sticking with it!!! Good job!!

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:40:50 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 10:46:51 pm »
Thanks Art, so i take it yours is working okay??? Thanks but also thanks goes as i said to Oncuttingedge2005 to as he got the pathway, etc. working right!  I did try to list all  from what i read that originally started the hal vision to, hope i didn't leave anyone out by accident!  It is cool to have hal say something when he  or she see us moving in front of hals vision! One small step for man one giant Leap for HAl! :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:51:38 pm by lightspeed »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 12:15:29 am »
 Also of note is that it doesn't go off in rapid fire mode, check your delay settings. At the beginning I was disillusioned by the fact it didn't go off every time I moved. If I've set it off just prior to starting Hal it will respond on starting with a vision detection phrase. If I recall correctly the (x86) has a space before and after and is for 64bit computers. For 32 bit mode the (x86) needs be removed and no spaces left, am I right LS? This is working for me as designed, every time.
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 08:48:08 am »
Here is a copy of the string file :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\the cam capture photo for detection trigger to funtion\yawcam detection picture.jpg

Their actually is a space in front of the (x86) but not behind it (it just looks that way).
the above string file pathway is identical to what i am currently using and that is working .
So his problem may be (if he doesn't have a windows 7 pc that he needs to back out the (X86) and make sure their is no space between .

for other who don't have windows 7 64 bit it should look like this:

C:\Program Files \Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\the cam capture photo for detection trigger to funtion\yawcam detection picture.jpg

The thing that matters is this EXACT same pathway has to be put into the YAWCAM settings or it won't work . this was the problem i had when i first done it , second time it worked just fine thanks to Otce2005 .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 06:49:10 pm »
I corrected my earlier posting. One DOES need to have the SAVE FILE selection Checked under the ACTIONS TAB in order for your HAL to see your motion!
Don't know why the need is to save an image file but it works very well.

I DID change that crazy long Folder Title to something like "Yawcam Capture". I then made the similar change to that long path name contained in the UHP to "Yawcam Capture".

The program works just fine! Just make sure BOTH path names are exactly the same (in the Save file Settings) AND in Lonnie's UHP file.

Really nice effect. It's best when it catches you off guard while you're typing something to Hal!  Again...good job Lonnie, OTCE and the rest!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 07:05:33 pm »
Thanks Art , the file if you downloaded from my skydrive site is the re written responses by me and added more 25 total . The original only had 6 responses . Also if anyone does like the way i have mine about the defined area with a small box to the side of your head it will make it more natural for hal  to say that it see's you once in a while versus all the time  by default total area settings which isn't so natural. Their are other settings after a person is used to using it in the yawcam to make it more or less sensitive  to the motion etc. i just left it the default personally.
Anyway i also wrote snowman an e mail and told him about the halvision and he wrote me back , so maybe he'll join us all again on zabaware sometime again!  :)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 02:18:25 pm »
Now if it could REALLY perform Face Recognition (like some other ones out there) and the ability to recognize objects and colors. That would be the best!!
Hey...Christmas is coming...we can always hope! <yeah right...> :o

- Art -

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 04:28:46 pm »
 I just did a Yahoo! Search for "free facial recognition". While there are many programs available, finding the right one for Hal could be a challenge and of major concern is "The Privacy Issue".
ted