Author Topic: Microphone Troubleshooting  (Read 3785 times)

HOPE

• View Profile
Microphone Troubleshooting
« on: November 29, 2005, 11:18:10 pm »
If possible could you please tell me what I should do if my USB microphone is not working while I am interacting with Hal. I have selected SR engine, walked through the microphone set up and read through some of the training exercises, all steps were successful and still I can only communicate with Hal via my keyboard. When I select mic, nothing happens. So, what am I doing wrong?

I have Hal 6.0. When I installed the software it uninstalled the 5.0 version.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 11:37:44 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by HOPE

If possible could you please tell me what I should do if my USB microphone is not working while I am interacting with Hal. I have selected SR engine, walked through the microphone set up and read through some of the training exercises, all steps were successful and still I can only communicate with Hal via my keyboard. When I select mic, nothing happens. So, what am I doing wrong?

When you press the microphone button in the window, does the button depress and stay depressed? Can you toggle it on and off? Does the Hal status text say "Microphone on"?
Robert Medeksza

HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 09:29:03 pm »
quote:

When you press the microphone button in the window, does the button depress and stay depressed? Can you toggle it on and off? Does the Hal status text say "Microphone on"?

The microphone button stays depressed and I can toggle it on and off. The Hal status text does say "Microphone on".

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 11:35:30 pm »
quote:

quote:

The microphone button stays depressed and I can toggle it on and off. The Hal status text does say "Microphone on".

When you speak or make noise, do you see an audio level bar go up and down in the Hal window indicating that the microphone is picking up sound? If not then either Microphone settings are incorrect, or it is trying to get microphone input from the wrong input device. Under "sounds and multimedia properties" in control panel, set your prefered sound recording device as your usb microphone. Also make sure the "microphone settings" from Hal's options are set correctly.
Robert Medeksza