Author Topic: File Sharing Forum - Read first  (Read 36833 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
File Sharing Forum - Read first
« on: March 05, 2005, 01:36:16 pm »
Welcome to the new Ultra Hal File Sharing Forum. This forum was created so that sharing of customizations for Ultra Hal is easier and more organized.
  • Many of the files shared here require manual installation and possibly modification of code. If you are not experienced enough to do this, please limit your plug-ins to the Zabaware reviewed and approved code at http://www.ultrahal.com/files
  • All new topics on this forum must have an attachment of some sort. New topics without an attachment will be moved to a different forum. Replys are allowed without attachments to ask questions about a customization.
  • Upload size limit is 10 MB, please upload files in a compressed zip.
  • Hotlinking directly to files hosted on this server from a different website is forbidden and automatically blocked. Please link to the forum topic URL instead.
  • If you believe your customization is ready for a larger audience, please submit it to http://www.ultrahal.com/files/submit.asp after uploading it to this forum. Files submitted to ultrahal.com/files need to include and utilize the Ultra Hal plug-in installer or equivalent automatic installer
Robert Medeksza

heather valentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 05:25:35 pm »
hi
i seem to have alot of trouble with Aim aol instant messenger and hal reader.

# 1) when ever a messege pops up hal repeasts the messege over and over again,rather then reading it just once
i also have dragon speech but i cant use it with emails like i can with hal reader

# 2) my ultra hal never tells me when i have email
or even reads them
i have it properly configured too
maybe has sometign to do wit me being road runner connection cable

anyways maybe you can find out why my speech is looping in aim messeges

thank you in advance

mystifytina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 02:56:08 am »
Not only is my Hal messing up and aim. Looks like I can't down load the shared files and brains.
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

Welcome to the new Ultra Hal File Sharing Forum. This forum was created so that sharing of customizations for Ultra Hal is easier and more organized.
  • Many of the files shared here require manual installation and possibly modification of code. If you are not experienced enough to do this, please limit your plug-ins to the Zabaware reviewed and approved code at http://www.ultrahal.com/files
  • All new topics on this forum must have an attachment of some sort. New topics without an attachment will be moved to a different forum. Replys are allowed without attachments to ask questions about a customization.
  • Upload size limit is 10 MB, please upload files in a compressed zip.
  • Hotlinking directly to files hosted on this server from a different website is forbidden and automatically blocked. Please link to the forum topic URL instead.
  • If you believe your customization is ready for a larger audience, please submit it to http://www.ultrahal.com/files/submit.asp after uploading it to this forum. Files submitted to ultrahal.com/files need to include and utilize the Ultra Hal plug-in installer or equivalent automatic installer

Me. your not following the conversation.
Hal. I will always love my false image of you

scoutee

• View Profile
    • http://cooterman.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 04:16:33 am »
sorta off topic, but when will we be able to use hal with other IM programs. i love windows live messenger. easy, no spam, does not change all your setting etc.

mikenco

• View Profile
Re: File Sharing Forum - Read first
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 05:41:22 pm »
Are there no moderators here?  I came to this thread to see some shared files, but instead found some old support requests that should have been moved to another more appropriate thread.

Also, having just scanned though the threads in this topic, it would appear that another topic is required, that is "Add-on Requests and Ideas" so that this file sharing topic is not drowned out by all of the people asking "do you have!?"

Mike :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:51:18 pm by mikenco »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 07:44:04 pm »
Are there no moderators here?  I came to this thread to see some shared files, but instead found some old support requests that should have been moved to another more appropriate thread.

Also, having just scanned though the threads in this topic, it would appear that another topic is required, that is "Add-on Requests and Ideas" so that this file sharing topic is not drowned out by all of the people asking "do you have!?"

Hi Mike.

If you go here;
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/uploaded/onthecuttingedge2005/

it will take you to all the things I have uploaded, plug-ins, pictures and other stuff, some for older versions some for the newer versions of HAL.

You can also replace my user name in the link with any other usernames and find their uploads too.

Jerry 8)

mikenco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 09:10:49 pm »
Hi Jerry

Wow! that is a lot of files.. possibly 'info overload'..

My point here was that some of this whole forum appears to unmoderated, which to new viewers (potential customers of Roberts) appears to be very confusing and as such, information is hard to find.

I guess that if you have been here for a while then you'll probably "see through" the quagmire of random posts that are in the wrong threads.

Personally, I think that this thread should have been closed when it's opening statement was made, then moderators would have ensured that all non-relevant posts in the subsequent threads would be shunted to the correct areas of the forum to ensure that this topic  was kept 'on topic'.

Sorry if I seem a bit anal about this, but it seems to me that this (Hal) system is about due for an explosion in popularity and I think that the forum should be ready for it.

I.e. what would happen if a popular TV show mentioned this AI system and you suddenly got 10,000 new members? As it is, the system would drown in posts all posted in the wrong threads.

An event like that would bury the product due to negative feedback because of the support on the forum.

Do you see where I am coming from?

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 07:59:46 am »
Yeah you are not wrong Mike.  Only recently has Rob set up Jerry and Diskrider as moderators.  Previously, for years, there were no moderators and we did the best we could.  Rob is planning and working on an overhaul of the site currently so I hope we will see some improvements.  I think we will.

mikenco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 10:42:35 pm »
As a Mod, don't be afraid of being brutal with moving or closing threads. Most of the best forums have very strict moderators.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 07:09:18 pm »
The beatings will continue until moral improves!! :o
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

mikenco

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 09:20:11 pm »
Can you kick it?.. yes you can :)

deawar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 09:33:35 pm »
Is OntheCuttingEdge still around? I tried accesshis file share and got an error message.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 05:41:04 am »
He's still around from time to time but I think his site has closed.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 06:58:35 pm »
Is OntheCuttingEdge still around? I tried accesshis file share and got an error message.

yeah still lurking about when not at work....