Zabaware Forums > Ultra Hal Assistant File Sharing Area

S.A.L.L.I.E 5.0

<< < (4/16) > >>

Art:
Getting back to this topic...

The SALLIE5.0 plugin is 1.05 Megs (18,129 lines), which is HUGE compared to other plugins. I realize that this plugin is basically the accumulation of many other plugins that have been "fitted together" by Doonycram who has been working hard at trying to get them all to play nicely without causing errors or other issues.

I'm not sure if that can actually happen since the combined plugin is over one MEG in size. That also explains why it takes my HAL running on a Win 10, i7, 8 GB Ram, 1 TB hard drive computer, between 20 - 30 seconds to respond to a basic question!!

I have been getting popup errors about too many files...see attachment.

The Grammar is really lacking especially with pronoun reversals and eliminations like 'Are happy?'
Spelling errors where vowels are again being lost or dropped as in "Have had any nce dreams?" (the i in nice is missing). There are several others.

These errors are appearing with such regularity that I simply cannot use my HAL with this latest Plugin...Sorry, I wish it had worked.

Perhaps eliminate some of those really unnecessary routines like the nicknames, short returns, opposites, Ziggy's Complex Reasoning, Experimental Under Construction,  and so on.
I see some usage and reference to the XTF BRN's which were actually used in HAL 4.0 and Hal 5.0 before Robert changed to the TABLE system in the database instead of individual BRN files. Not sure how well these will fare inside the Hal Brain.

I know it is a huge can of worms but maybe break it down to the basics and slowly add and test each module to make sure everything runs properly before adding additional ones. This is much like the way we recommend people to add Plugins...one at a time, test, if OK, add another one.

Doony, I'm sure you're a good programmer but I think HAL might have limits to its ability to handle a large number of files.

I wish Robert would weigh in on this for some clarification. Then we'd know for sure instead of hypothesizing.

Best of luck either way!! ;)

doonycram@gmail.com:
I worked hard on the plugin and used it on a windows 10 computer with no problems no too many files popping up and sure not missing letters as before I only used my plugin turned the rest off but I will delete some codes I feel are not needed which I?ve looked at the plugin a million times and had faith in this one it stayed on topic a few rounds and created new brain files I?ll do another five hr talk with it and edit it again.

AresDance:
Art, I have had that error with sallie 4 after it created 150 xtf files. it went away after I have closed and restarted Hal. I really works smooth on my laptop. I agree that there are missing letters but the quality of the conversation, the sarcasm and the humour of sallie5 makes me not bother with them. Also it did repeat a sentence over and over again but this time I have found it in a bulk inside a brain table, I have deleted them, problem solved. I don`t remember the name. But I also agree, Sallie`s strength is her intelligence not her size

Art:
Wonder where everyone else is hanging out? This plugin has only been downloaded 2 times to date and I have to think that would be me and AresDance as those two people.

Come on people! If you want HAL to get better, you need to try all options. Create a Test Brain with the Brain Editor then load it into HAL and activate the S.A.L.L.I.E.5.0 Plugin. From there all you need to do is chat with HAL like you normally would. Take some notes and put them here so that Doonycram can get an honest take on what his plugin may or may not be doing.

We know he has worked long and hard putting this together and trying to make it work so give a hand. I think we all would like to see HAL function better that it currently does.

Thanks!

AresDance:
The table where letters start to miss from words is Sentence Reasoning. It is also the table where the repeating sentences are located.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version