Author Topic: name of editor needed  (Read 2311 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
name of editor needed
« on: June 23, 2019, 11:02:38 pm »
Art , i messed up something in my angela brain and now i need a editor ( i should never work on something when i am so tired. )  whats strange is  i put in a new brain (backed up one from before i messed up the old one and it still gives me a undetermined string error . )

there was a good one i used in the past but can't think of the name to donload it. maybe you know which one it was, i think you used it before.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: name of editor needed
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 11:51:04 pm »
well i got my angela back working again , i think what the problem was , was that i edited the back up brain by accident and had placed it in hal , of course then my back up brain was corrupted , note to myself , don't do editing when tired.  :o :(

anyway that's why to make back ups at different times on your custom hal brain.
but do still need the name of the editor . i had it before but must have lost it when i changed over on my new pc. 
i tried using notepad++ editor  and it couldn't even do my angela brain because it was to big !!  :o :o :)

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 07:24:19 am »
Lightsped: editor

Why arent u using the editor i gave you
im confused here

cyber

did i do a bunch of work for nothing here???

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 07:48:56 am »
Lightspeed,

If I may interject a note here as well,

While I don't know which brain you used I would assume it had to be a Halbrain (which is the Halbrain 7.0 or the Halbrain 6, which is the Hal6 migrated to Hal 7.

OK...here's the important part and I'm thinking you knew which directory to put them when you did the copy but make sure it was the C:\Users\<Lightspeed>\AppData\Roaming\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7 and not the C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7 directory, which will not be used when HAL is run. I'm sure you are aware of the difference but hey, when we're tired, we all can make mistakes.

You weren't thinking of the Crimson Editor? That was changed to the Emerald Editor and is over 11 years old.

Aside from the UltraHal Brain Editor, which we know works very nicely, you can also opt to use the SQLite Editor, although it does have a bit of a learning curve with it and one really needs to exercise some caution when/while using it.

Best of luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -