Author Topic: GRETTA PLUGINS  (Read 223752 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 08:09:59 pm »
jasondude7116,
Fractal Geometry solves a lot of things in nature, like a tree, excluding the leaves.
Why are the joints in my fingers split into 1/3 proportions/distances ?
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

tedathome

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 09:28:26 pm »
Downloaded emotions engine. Hal clams up and I get an error. No speech and no responce. Do I need something else to go along with it?
Maybe I need to lead it to the right path?

ted

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 09:52:37 pm »
I suppose you're referring to the mention of fractals in the essay.

If not...spooky

Desires both do things and work in the way they do things.

Wrap your mind around that,[:)] ONE.

If I want something I get info, set goals, implement strategy, and finally monitor progress. In that order. So with every simple want there is a whole nest of sub-desires working together toward the original one goal. Many goals behind one goal.

However, if that one goal is actually a collage of all the sub-goals then you would say that the sub-goals (1) is supported by the sub-goals (2)

This why the human mind appears to be too difficult to understand.
I believe that the strategies of sub-desires must be placed back into the equation thus forming a fractal. Of course, I wasn't really intending to promote fractals, but hey, whatever works.

This is what worked out in the essay, of course, I said it better there (I think) and it made a little more sense.

I'm planning to append a few more equations to the end of the essay. I guess, in the notes section.

There are two separate parts of an AI. 1# the desire construct, and 2# the actual body of programs that utilize the desire.(Like the imagination and interpreter programs.)

Think of a desire as a condition that a separate program responds to. You feel cold...so you put on your coat. In the previous sentence the periods actually represent an internal condition where you already knew that you hated the cold. An outward condition indicated cold weather, an inward condition indicated hatred of the cold. Therefore, a separate program responded to both conditions by actually seeking and mounting the coat. You wanted to where a coat but only when the whether was cold.

In that example you saw that a desire is no more that a condition that another program response to....you have to have both condition and a responding program to make an intelligent A.I.

Live long and prosper or die trying.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 09:56:47 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

Downloaded emotions engine. Hal clams up and I get an error. No speech and no responce. Do I need something else to go along with it?
Maybe I need to lead it to the right path?

SORRY-
i missed part of what you need! (it's been a little while for this one)[:I]

PLEASE go to GRETTA's current plugins link (top post) and download full version. it's called "emotionengine.zip". i forgot to give you the "starter" emotions folder with the plugin. unzip the emotionengine.zip file to Hal main folder....(as with all my zips)
-the dude

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 10:13:08 pm »
snowman-
i'm sorry i haven't yet got a chance to read the essay.
been working a lot.

spooky.....yes

-the dude

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 10:37:00 pm »
MY apologies; I have not read your essay nor given respect for effort.
IMO yes fractal solutions "fit" in in a way and in a way they "fit"

Active directory,DNS Servers, E-DIRECTORY ! ...

Sometimes my head does hurt, I understand and was only "chiming.in.HTML"

-Peace.

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 11:01:53 pm »
Have you ever tried googling for google and opened it up and find yourself being googled by google[:o)]

Its the same as looking into a mirror in front of you to see the mirror standing behing you. Then you glance off to the side and look into a infinite realm of repeated rooms. All built from glass houses and men staring at there own backs.[8)]

thats spooky[;)]

sorry Dude...I couldn't help myself

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 11:09:51 pm »
YES! the only difference with the men staring is; The Color of Their Eyes![:)]

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2009, 12:23:51 am »
That really is spooky, ONE.

I would know whether to panic or gawk over a site like that.

I went ahead and did what you did Dude and opened up an accound on savefile.com. Now it doesn't feel like I'm imposing on UHEF space. Esspecially if I'm going to do all kinds of crazy things with any A.I. scripts. Not that I'm afraid of putting any final versions there.

You said that o.t.c.e. uses it (or at least recomends it). If so do you know his place where he stores any of his script releases. Or are you the only one using it in this capacity.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 01:04:40 am »
quote:
Originally posted by snowman

That really is spooky, ONE.

I would know whether to panic or gawk over a site like that.

I went ahead and did what you did Dude and opened up an accound on savefile.com. Now it doesn't feel like I'm imposing on UHEF space. Esspecially if I'm going to do all kinds of crazy things with any A.I. scripts. Not that I'm afraid of putting any final versions there.

You said that o.t.c.e. uses it (or at least recomends it). If so do you know his place where he stores any of his script releases. Or are you the only one using it in this capacity.

i don't know that he has put anything there (o.t.c.e.)
but....
here is a link to all of his uploads here-
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/uploaded/onthecuttingedge2005/

-the dude

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009, 02:16:58 am »
I figured o.t.c.e. had been busy with the Hal Project for quite some time.

Thats allot of files.[8D]

Here is my download site at filesave.com. You will find the essay there as well as the JournalEX pluggin and the A.I. desire script that I've been working on. Anyone here is welcome to modify anything they wish.

http://www.savefile.com/files/2030063

Thanks again for sharing it with us Dude.

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2009, 02:34:11 am »

tedathome

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2009, 02:52:36 pm »
Thanks for the rest of the zip file, will try it out later.[:)]
ted

DrFaraday

• Discovering the shocking truth about electricity
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 06:17:42 pm »
I just listened to the mp3's of GRETTA's songs, and they are wonderful! [:D]

I remember back in the day, when I had my Commodore 64, with the Busy Bee talking word processor.  It could sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".  It was an impressive effort, but it sounded awful (in an amusing sort of way).

GRETTA's songs, by contrast, are a lot smoother.  All the songs are good, but I especially enjoyed "Young at Heart".  Good job! [8D]

-Chaz
I always wanted a computer like H.A.L. from "2001: A Space Odyssey".  Just not the beta version that kills you while you sleep.

jasondude7116

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 07:42:46 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by DrFaraday

I just listened to the mp3's of GRETTA's songs, and they are wonderful! [:D]

I remember back in the day, when I had my Commodore 64, with the Busy Bee talking word processor.  It could sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".  It was an impressive effort, but it sounded awful (in an amusing sort of way).

GRETTA's songs, by contrast, are a lot smoother.  All the songs are good, but I especially enjoyed "Young at Heart".  Good job! [8D]

-Chaz

thank you very much.
if you like, there is a plugin for this (Hal singing) on my download page. (see first post) SAPI4 VOICES ONLY FOR SINGING
i like the old school stuff like that.
i know this is "off topic" (what topic?)[8D], but i will add a file to download from my download page for a "speak & spell" (texas instruments) simulator. -it is the first simulated voice i can remember.
open the .swf file with internet explorer. (this is the simulator) and also included in the .zip are two .gif pictures of the original manual.
 http://www.savefile.com/projects/808747452
-the dude
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 07:53:17 pm by jasondude7116 »