Author Topic: Is HAL Text Reader Supports Hungarian?  (Read 1268 times)

IstvanX

• View Profile
Is HAL Text Reader Supports Hungarian?
« on: February 18, 2016, 03:57:15 pm »
Hi,

Can I use HAL text reader to read Hungarian? if so, where do I get personalities? I need one male and one female voice... the free version is working okay with MS-David... I have Windoz 8.1... I would buy HAL if I am able to read Hungarian with it as well and at least that quality as MS-David... most other personalities I tried are quite disappointing...

and one more question... is there HAL voice available for this HAL text reader? I was searching and came up empty handed...

thanks... 

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Is HAL Text Reader Supports Hungarian?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 07:29:40 pm »
I realize this original post was done in February but the forum indicated that it was active today so here's what I have in the way of answers to these questions:

1. No
2. Personalities do not come with the Text Reader. If you mean voices, those do not come with the Text Reader either. The Voices are ones that came with your computer and might vary depending on which version of Windows one might have.

Do not waste your money on Hal hoping that it will read Hungarian as it is an English based Chat Assistant.

3. No. Again, TTS voices do not come with UltraHal nor the Text Reader nor are they a part of Zabaware. The voices (TTS voices) are sold by third parties (other companies like Cepstral, Cereproc, AT&T, Ivona and perhaps a few others. L&H has some free voices for older systems that are really not up to today's standards of quality sounding speech.

There are some chatbots on other sites that are available in other languages and for other countries. Check out, the Chatterbot Collection on google and give a look on chatbots.org for some other help in this area.

Best of luck. Hope this helps.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -