dupa

Author Topic: By pop demand !! More full bod instr.  (Read 3625 times)

crunch

• View Profile
By pop demand !! More full bod instr.
« on: May 15, 2004, 04:08:44 am »
ok i"ve been recieving some e-mails about this subject..sooo i am posting what i have so far here for you to know what it is I'm trying and how to get there also...
 As i am still creating a new wireframe in 3dsm i have for now used the one from the Haptek SDK and just created new texture maps this and the prev post will explain how to get here!

To change the texture file for the body...
Here you need to get hal to load a script telling the player to load a few things... this is what i am not able to get to work right all the time as of yet.. example
AddToInitQueue("StartupCrystal();");

function StartupCrystal()
{

GrabFile('htrs/Crystal.htr', 'R');
GrabFile('textures/crystalshorts.jpg', 'R');
Usefile('textures/crystalshorts.jpg', 'R');

}

function resetCrystal()

i not only changed the out fits... she has about 10 of them but i changed the entire body and face texture map.. i resculped the shadows and shape of eyes nose and brows.. She has a skin that not only has some freakles and small moles here and there but close you can see pores... you have to work at a resolution 8 times bigger than the final skin will be.. then reduce it with vortex shading and samples... then save it as a .jpg with NO compression or sampling very high... you will need a lost of graphics horse power on your machine ect.. to run it I've got aFX5800 w/256 vid ram .. so i don't know how smooth it will run on less..
Here is a WAY up close example of how good you can get the skin to look.. notice the forhead wrinkles and nose wrinkles, moles freakles ..ect.. you can get the texture map from you full Bod to change by simply loading that HTR into the player then while it is on.. navigate to C:Program FilesHaptekplayer\temp <<< this folder is only there when the player is playing a file.. now you can copy all the files that it defalted... you will see the skin.. use it as a template to create you new one....
Here is an example of what you can do attached...
Have fun guys...
AS soon as i or we or someone figures out how to get this all mapped in Hal all the way I'll make sure to share it...
BTW I would upload some skins for you guys if i knew how to get them at zabba for you all to get...

Download Attachment: close2.jpg
69.35 KB

Download Attachment: close skin.jpg
85.27 KB

Download Attachment: hands_hips.jpg
92.97 KB
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 04:11:10 am by crunch »
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>