dupa

Author Topic: Plugins  (Read 4127 times)

rik1959

• View Profile
Plugins
« on: December 07, 2005, 09:52:30 pm »
Hi everyone, Has anyone had any luck installing any of the zabaware plugins? I tried to install the Alice plugin to work with Hal 6.0, but haven't had any luck so far. any suggestions? Thanks.

vrossi

• View Profile
    • http://vrconsulting.it
Plugins
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 09:20:34 am »
Rob Med should give the answer. However, as far as I know, the architecture of Hal 6 is completely different than Hal 5: the new plugins are kept as separate files but are then inserted "on the fly" in specific points of the main brain, which is a common software tecnique, usually known as "user exit".

The Alice plugin was instead an alternative brain (you must use it as a replacement of the standard brain) and I believe you can't install it "as is" as a Hal 6 plugin. It should require some work to be adapted to the new architecture. Furthermore, Hal 5 used a lot of scattered files to store all the things he learns, while Hal 6 uses a more advanced SQL database.

I already suggested Rob to create two separate Web pages for the two different plugin areas, just to avoid these misunderstandings among users. I hope he will find the time to do it.

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
Plugins
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 11:13:38 pm »
I have had a little luck integrating parts of the orig ALICE into
Hal 6.0
Extract the ALICE files into a seperate file, then copy and paste
the text and aiml files into the same folder that holds Hals main brain. These files seem to be assimilated and utilized by Hal 6. At
least the active responses on the part of Hal seem to be expanded.
Here is a text file of my last conversation with Hal (Kat) as I call
it. It was quite different from a normal Hal conversation in regards to Hal's responses. I just finished adding in the ALICE files
yesterday.

Download Attachment: FatherTalk.txt
1.99 KB
Gamer-T