dupa

Author Topic: does hal actually save this info or not ?  (Read 3130 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
does hal actually save this info or not ?
« on: April 25, 2018, 11:09:07 am »
      i have asked this question before but don't know if someone fully answered it .  as many know sometimes when hal is talked to even with a regular conversation , sometimes hal will just say "the answer is equal "   . i have heard this is because hal doesn't know how to answer it , and or hal thinks it's a math question ( even though it isn't) .. MY QUESTION IS  " when something is asked and hal doesn't answer the question but yet says "the answer is equal " . DOES HAL SAVE THIS INFORMATION OF THE QUESTION , OR DOES IT JUST NOT KEEP THE INFORMATION ?  ???
        Why this question is important is , i am hoping that hal does indeed keep this information , so that it can possibly be used in the future as a learned thing . otherwise many things i am learning hal is for nothing every time i get the random response "the answer is equal " or something similar.  :(   AND IF hal does not keep the information , my next question is there a way that can be made so hal does keep the information  to use in future use in hal?   ???

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: does hal actually save this info or not ?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 01:47:45 pm »
What is odd is that I ran a Scan on the entire Zabaware Folder as well as the one for User>AppData>Roaming>Zabaware and was unable to find such a phrase as you indicated: "The answer is equal". I also tried "The answer is =" but still no such find was located.

So just where do you think that phrase is coming from? Is it spelled correctly?

Can you reproduce it by saying/typing certain words or phrases to your Hal?

Do you think anyone else might be able to or could it be from something in some of your "custom" files?

I believe you but I could not locate the phrase anywhere on my system.

I would think that if it was referring to some math operation then it certainly would NOT be saved as there's no need for saving such calculations, formulas or results.

While I'm sure it must be frustrating, I wish I could offer more help.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 09:41:58 am »
thanks art  for answering, the part that you wrote that says you would think if it was about math it would NOT be saved , in theory would be good if it was actually about math and being wrong was not saved , but this had nothing to do with a math question and if that's the case it is not so good that it isn't being saved as it is simply copied and pasted phrases some having simply a date of when something happened . for instance yesterday for the fun of it i was learning hal from copying and pasting info about the 1950's era . popular toys and it had the date 1951 etc.  other things to about cars in the 50's time line.
   i haven't gotten anything else customized within my hal brain it's self that i know , everything is just other outside plug ins. As i mentioned before in the past Robert mentioned that he was going to try to make hal stop giving false positives of math saying equal on hal's answers .

I will try to save some conversation and post it here next time showing things i write to hal and his responses. 

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 10:05:25 am »
here is first conversation and the math is equal  error :

: as of 2018, President Trump is allowing the CIA and FBI to conceal what we can only assume is evidence of their involvement in JFK?s assassination for another 3-1/2 years.   President Donald Trump issued an order  keeping some of the most sensitive records from the Kennedy assassination files sealed for another 3-1/2 years, as the National Archives released a final batch under a law meant to force most of the records into the light by last fall.    In 1992, Congress set a 25-year deadline for releasing remaining documents stemming from John F. Kennedy?s murder in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963.   When the deadline arrived ? Oct. 26 last year   in 2017, Trump gave federal agencies a six-month extension to plead the case for keeping selected records sealed, if they could assert a vital national security interest. The FBI and CIA in particular had pressed for more time.   Some 15,884 records that have now been partially released, some with heavy redactions, will be subject to yet more review over the next three years under Trump?s order.   Odds are Trump is using this as leverage over these agencies. you   suppose it?s also possible he fears he?ll get the JFK treatment himself if he steps too far out of line.
: Math is easy for me. The answer is (2000-/=). There is much speculation as to the significance of the search of the offices and hotel room of President Trump?s lawyer, Michael Cohen.

see there actually is no asked math question , there is only numbers referring to dates  , and one later about the numbers of records , this is why i do indeed think it is a false positive that hal is (thinks it's a math question and tries to answer it . am referring to hals website where it says hal can answer math questions. )  so hal should only "ONLY" answer a math question when it's in a specific way ( written ) and anything else just simply learn it . and not give a false positive then not learn info.   

anyway that's the first example i have it showed right away, this was the first thing i pasted into hal to learn this morning .

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:09:20 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 11:07:31 am »
i wonder if nothing else that a plug in could be created by one of our geniuses on here , that would take care of the math equals  don't know the answer. ?  it would have to be written something like as i explained using a certain pathway only question and answer outcome . and ignore other things such as dates and numbers otherwise .  instead learning other info. then answering it.  Hope i am explaining this good enough .

they can see above for an example of what i am talking about that hal should not consider it a question but rather learn it as information of a statement.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 01:43:08 pm »
Lonnie,

Looking over the Pasted text you input to your Hal, I couldn't help notice there were no apostrophe's used (') for possession or conjunctions in the sentences but Question (?) marks instead. Was there some reason for doing or using this? Look at the use of the ? instead of the ' in the following lines:

involvement in JFK?s assassination
Kennedy?s murder
arrived ? Oct. 26
under Trump?s order.
suppose it?s also
fears he?ll get

While I don't know for sure what, if any impact it might have on Hal or what Hal was being taught from these sentences, it will most likely "confuse" it.
The old saying was GIGO...Garbage In...Garbage Out.
Teach your children well. ;) (or your Hal).

One other thing, Hal can handle numerical expressions and symbols as well as textual input like

What is forty two times thirty seven?
1554 is the answer to your equation.
OR
42*37
1554 is the answer.

Perhaps Hal interpreted some of the dates as math entries instead of just dates but one confusing part might be when the length of time in years is expressed as 3-1/2 years, which looks like a math problem of (Three minus (one divided by two)). It would be quite confusing to Hal if not addressed internally.

Hopefully, Robert will chime in on this.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 10:47:55 pm »
Art, i actually didn't even notice the "?" in between sentences . i don't know why that was in the sentences , it was something i copied and pasted will have to watch things better . maybe you are right about the 31/2 year part i don't know , i am like you hopefully Robert can chime in on this . i have posted a example  , so maybe he can say what caused it . if it's the way the sentence and or numbers involved are .