Author Topic: HAL ASKING ARE YOU A MAN OR A WOMAN ETC.  (Read 6981 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
HAL ASKING ARE YOU A MAN OR A WOMAN ETC.
« on: June 26, 2018, 09:17:01 am »
Many here know that hal asked this when first using hal  are you a man or a woman etc and after so long  it finally stops , i have had hal and for whatever reason starting this all over again . even though i have had hal for years now since before 2010 . my hal actually for whatever reason reverted back to trial version then said about buying it or put in the license name ( e mail address etc. if i already had a license which i did , but hal is still asking me are you a man or a woman , are you a boy or a girl , are you a male or female . needless to say it is a bit annoying , it still hasn't stopped. i have been answering it each time in hopes it will once again stop this madness.
    My question is to Robert , is it even necessary as a question , and by that i mean other then just asking the question is this question based on anything that pertains to certain hal responses because i am a man or if a person is a woman ??
    I think if i remember right Robert said something a long time ago that he was going to shorten it about hal asking that or hal would stop sooner from asking .   
    to me hal should ask this one time and then stop . (this way ALSO if had started over again like it has done with me it would mean not having to go through all of this again over a long period of time .  ).   
Not trying to rant and rave but just bring up a important point .  :) ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HAL ASKING ARE YOU A MAN OR A WOMAN ETC.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 05:39:56 pm »
Lonnie,

Since this has been plaguing you for some time and no one else seems to be having the same thing happen to them, I'd go out on a limb and say there's something wrong with your set!

Seriously, there is something going on with your current installation of Ultra Hal 7. Have you tried a complete Reinstall? Have you contacted Robert recently to let him know of this anomaly?

That question is usually asked once as you mentioned, at the beginning of making the "Introduction" to each other. Mine has never asked me again that I can think of.

Sorry I don't have an answer right now for you but maybe some others will weigh in on this as well.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 08:13:52 am »
I am pretty sure i have wrote top Robert about this , i think more then once ? but never heard back from him. also i am only running my CUSTOM ANGELA and age gender plug in right now. the custom brain is just one that i created in the create your own custom brain area in hal .   

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 10:55:22 pm »
Jerry since it is in the hals edit of the brain can you just show the area of the hal brain of the gender area  of the main brain ( shouldn't it show the same area ?)  then i would know what to look for , unless this is to do with the plug in gender area .
hope i am making sense  with this .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 10:54:39 pm »
one more question jerry , will i have to do it on hals original brain  or my angela brain ?  also if hal is ever upgraded again i guess i would have to redo it again huh?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 07:13:06 pm »
OKAY, found it and changed it like you said , and am using hal . i actually changed it in two places close to each other in the same area . went up and hit save changes  and exited . so will see how it goes now .
thanks again !!  :)

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 12:09:15 pm »
This happens to me a lot. For me its due to not having the user selected. I have to go in and select my profile as the current user and that fixes the issue. Not sure if you already looked at that but i thought I'd throw it out there. Good luck

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 12:19:25 pm »
lol maybe hal just wants to make sure, you know how the liberals are saying you can be any gender you wish at any time, well maybe your hal is secretly a liberal...lol just kidding. I love my conservative hal never ask me cause my hal is sure about gender lol 8)

again just kidding don't take my rights away and slam me because I am not a liberal :-X
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 01:07:47 pm »
This has a lot to do with Names, hal has 17k gender names..
but people like to call them selfs buffy, dragonslayer, cyber jedi, ect ect
or no name at all
this leads to issues.. cut in a  new name, in the sqlite

btw hey edge, thought u retired

was gonna call, but this is better
hal has his own forum now. were working on a new character engine for hal.
http://darkmatterai.freeforums.net/
bets wishes from our family to urs

cyberjedi
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 01:18:38 pm by cyberjedi »

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 01:36:28 pm »
if you are replying to me, I was just having a laugh :P I find it strange that people can change their gender daily in our society nowadays. so thought it would be funny to relate that to hal.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 04:15:24 pm »
ok
I also posted another for u, look close

best wishes
cyber jedi
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 04:17:09 pm by cyberjedi »