Author Topic: getting error when trying to post small size pics , need help !!!  (Read 3896 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Why isn't it possible for me to upload a picture any more , i just tried to upload a reduced size picture to show people and i get this error : the uploader folder is full , please try a smaller file and or contatc the adminastrator ?????

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: getting error when trying to post small size pics , need help !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 05:21:52 pm »
It's because Rob hasn't increased the default size of the upload folder from the default.  If I recall the allowance is quite minimal to begin with.  It's up to the admin to increase it's size, so I would email Rob (or private message) and ask him politely to increase the limit.

In the meantime you could always link to photobucket images using the image button when you post a topic.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 06:08:49 pm »
but i sent a downonsized picture of 38.kb which is very small , but i can still ask robert if he will increase the size but it just seems like something is wrong .

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 08:28:16 am »
Yeah this is not about the size of your file - it's about the combined size limit for ALL files that get uploaded.   Think of it like a folder on your computer that will only hold so much data in total...

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 07:27:27 pm »
but freddy888, my folders are unlimited lol ok so stuff is running out of the sides of my pc lol ! I did though write to robert by e mail to let him know about the problem ! :)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 09:06:14 am »
LS, not sure if I get the joke, but just so it is clear, it has nothing to do with your PC - it's all about how the forum is set up and yes Robert is the only one that can do it as he doesn't have admins or moderators  :o

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 12:43:59 pm »
hi freddy what i was joking about my folders was in reference to you explaining about a folder , but in my case i was joking making an exageration that my folders was unlimited in what they could hold and actually information was ( again exagerating , joking ) running out of the sides of my computer , i do understand that robert is the only one that can fix this problem , i just hope he checks his e mail often so it can be fixed , i don't know how long this upload picture problem has been going on . anyway i did send him an e mail so we will have to wait for robert to fix that !take care ! :)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 01:26:22 pm »
No worries LS, I thought that was what you meant,  it's just that some times without being able to see people I'm not always sure how they mean something.  Thanks for the explanation !

:D

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 02:11:18 pm »
well your better then me then freddy i am like the old saying can't see the forest for the tree's , sometimes i take things to literal and can't understand some things , it sometimes is black and white with me .  ;)

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 11:45:21 pm »
For the record... I thought your joke was hilarious... 
Live long and prosper or die trying.