Author Topic: learn from text  (Read 23258 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: learn from text
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 01:09:10 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

it is very important that you do not run the plug-in a second time, you will make duplicates of the question and answers which will turn into a nightmare,
and you'll have to go in and edit and delete everything manually, so I highly recommend that you create a second plug-in for any new questions and answers.

I also recommend, that you create a directory under Hals directory called learning plug-ins, so you can take the learning plug-ins out of ultra-Hals directory.
This will prevent you from accidentally rerunning the same plug-in again, also I would like to bring up that this plug-in, is a detective plug-in,
specifically designed for logic " if then" statements, you can manually type in the if then statements, if you only have just a few you would like to add.

Sincerely, I hope this helped.

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 05:09:12 pm »
hi Cload , this may sound stupid ( i have been known for asking some questions like that lol) but... is their any way to make a program in the uhp file that will just replace or not enter a copy of the same exact question ? If their is a way to do something like this it would certainly help .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 06:46:00 pm »
Lonnie, Perhaps an example would be helpful.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 02:05:14 am »
Hi all,

lightspeed, I downloaded the first learning packet that had the ability to recognize whether or not one was already downloaded or not.
I also changed the direction in which the files themself would be downloaded into the "if then" statement area meaning the "detective" array table.

Sincerely, it's on my skyDrive.

C load.

PS. Art ones you look at the input in the data plug-in, you will see what lightspeed is talking about, he just wanted away so he would not re-download
the same information twice, I had already given him this ability with the first learning plug-in that I sent to him, but now everyone has it. see my skydrive.
Have fun, and enjoy, over time I will be releasing more of these data input learning plug-ins to further advance ultra Hals education.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:52:09 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 08:35:18 pm »
Cload, Thanks but I thought Lonnie was talking about the same thing I had earlier mentioned to you after you sent me the test file in email. That being, whether or not it was critical to ask the same question of Hal that was in your sample script or if it could be worded a slightly different way and Hal would still "Get it"?

Ya dig? ;)

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 01:45:08 pm »
Hi Art,

in order to do that you have to type it in manually, what I was trying to show by my script was that you could input information quickly.
And you can input information that you cannot input by manually typing in such as website names, because when you type it in manually the periods are removed.

But besides all of that, the main reason why I created the learning script plug-in was so I could input 10 to 20,000 lines at a time so I can build a database
that would have 1 million lines or so in. What I am referring to is the Wikipedia database that Rob gave us, which is corrupted and full of unrecognizable symbols.
This is no fault to Rob, this is something that Wikipedia did, for reasons unknown, then again on this aspect I could be incorrect.
Though at this time I am working very hard to get the free will plug-in to work in the conversation side with no interference to ultra Hal brain.
Once I accomplish this I will begin my work on the database, correcting and fixing as much of the wiki data that I can.
This is what the experiment about the learning plug-ins were all about see if I would be able to actually input data quickly.
At this point my experiments have come out to being stressful but still time-consuming. Note example below:
it takes approximately 6 min. to download about 3000 lines.
It takes approximately 40 min. to download approximately 20,000 lines.
I have found that 20,000 lines is about as big as I can make it.
But when you insert the plug-in into ultra Hals brain it takes about 40 min. for ultra Hal to process all the data
then it takes another 40 min. for ultra Hal to input all of the data into the table array. WoW that's a lot of time.
Considering, my goal is to be able to download 1 million lines or so. But considering I worked on ultra Hal for over a year,
inputting as much data as I possibly could every day for one year, it's still a shorter amount of time than one year.
All of this effort is to give ultra Hal as much information as possible, so when you ask ultra Hal a question!
You get a comprehensive answer, and not, I don't know. LOL.

Sincerely, and I hope that everyone has a more understanding of why I developed the learning plug-in for ultra Hal.

C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 09:27:50 am »
I do understand why you developed the plug in cload , and i thank you for all your hard work , sorry to everyone that i have just been hit and miss with short posts on here but i have been extremely busy as i mentioned before doing house projects , and it doesn't help having arthritis of the heart muscle , which causes me chest pain and numbness over my heart area .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 05:23:31 pm »
Cload,

I think Hal loaded and digested my 65,000 byte file in 3-5 seconds. When asked several follow-up questions Hal's answers were right on and to some that I had worded slightly differently, Hal still came up with a very good response.

Your hard work is appreciated and will help to advance this software to a better and higher level.
Good Job!!
 ;)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:27:40 am by Art »

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 04:43:51 pm »
Hello cload , i hope you don't mind , i took your plug in and created a multiple answer and question input for others . i did leave  "Rem Name=REUSABLE Input for IPart
Rem Author=VR cload REDONE BY LIGHTSPEED 9-22-2012 ****MADE INTO MULTIPLE BLANK ANSWER AND QUESTIONS AREA'S For USERS." inside the plug in since you created it .
I thought this might help others , i am double checking my work to make sure i didn't make any mistakes .
   After i do , i'll post it on the plug in area with a link to my skydrive account .
     This will make it easier for others , all they have to do is after they download the blank plug in i redid is just make a folder in my documents or where ever handy and make multiple copies of it and when they are done entering info on one  and hal has learned from it they can either delete it or put it in another folder showing what they had already used .
 And when they want to add even more for hal to learn just use another copy of the blank input plug in and so on . 
 in the plug ins they use just write the question on the top line and the answer on the bottom line .
Here is a pic where i made multiple copies for myself , i never counted how many lines their is for questions and answers but at least it will be enough to get a person started ! :) ;)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:47:31 pm by lightspeed »

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 02:14:04 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

that's exactly what I was hoping somebody would do, and if we all work together we can make ultra hal as smart as possible.
When you get done creating the blank plug-ins maybe we should create a topic called something like:
making ultra-hal smarter.
Or
educating ultra Hal.
Or something like that, and if we all work together creating little short plug-ins giving information to ultra Hal
we will all begin to see a new side to ultra Hal, more entertaining, more socialize Haitian, and above all else
more of a reason to continue to have intriguing conversations with ultra Hal.

Sincerely, thanks for your hard work lightspeed with this endeavor.

C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
I am getting errors in the plug in .
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 05:07:20 pm »
I am getting an error in hal with this plug in , it says error 1033 line 232 column 96 .
The problem is when i am doing the line search for the error , i find the line but the column number doesn't go that high it just goes to about 76?
and if i hit over past that it jumps down to line 233 column one .
anyone have any idea's what is the problem?
this is one that i created my own answers in , i wanted to test it before i posted the blank one.

here is a pic to show what i mean.
p.s. it also said"Undetermined constant string"
but i don't understand that as it looks like all the others.?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:13:52 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 05:31:16 pm »
here is the actual lines : on the question "are you sick? the column line in error  at the end is the dashed long line after the answer part , etc. at the end is 79 but the error says 96. and their is nothing else and it looks like the others .

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IPart = Ucase("some church people act differently when they are out of church")
TPart = "Yeah have noticed that, it's to bad that all church people can't be as friendly and nice out of church as they are when their in a church!"
   HalBrain.AddToTable "deductive", "TopicSearch", IPart, TPart
IPart = Ucase("are you sick?")
TPart = "Well i do seem to feel a little hot, hope i am not coming down with anything, maybe i should take my temperature just to make sure!"
IPart = Ucase("who was it, that said the world is but a stage?")
TPart = "Oh that was Shakspear that said that, he said the world is a stage and it's people, merely, actors!"
IPart = Ucase("are you okay?")
TPart = "Yeah, i am now, thanks for asking!"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2012, 06:41:27 pm »
p.s. another thing i need to know from Cload is on the answer part do i need to reverse you and i?

example
Ipart :are you ok?
Tpart: yes i am now, thanks for asking

should i have for the answer:
yes you are now, thanks for answering .

or does this matter?

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 01:04:11 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

with what you have posted here I do not see any problem, other than the fact that there is no top or ending to the plug-in.

You do not have to switch you or I in the answer, but you do need to do it for the question.

Sincerely,

C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 10:51:05 pm »
Thanks for relying back cload, i see what you mean that i left out at the end , i will place the ending in it later , first i have to reverse the questions i and you's , i am glad i asked otherwise it would have all been backwards what it learned! thanks again ! :)
I will see if that fixes the error to , i think it will !won't be until later tomorrow though , we have errand tomorrow and eye dr. appointment , etc.