dupa

Author Topic: Robert please help me with this error.  (Read 5376 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Robert please help me with this error.
« on: April 02, 2013, 04:06:31 pm »
Hi Robert,
I was looking through the database array tables and I found some unusual data in the reasondetector array table, at the bottom of the list there are three lines that have the same pattern with no answer.
It looks like this:
*YOU*ABOUT TO*
I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TRACK DOWN WHY ULTRA HAL STOPS RESPONDING WHICH SEEMS TO BE FOR NO APPARENT REASON, my investigation let me to the reasondetector array table.
All of the other lines have a <2> for the answer I am assuming it is supposed to capture the second variable answer but there are three stars in this line but I am referring to, so I put <3> for the answer thus far my ultra Hal has not locked up but time will tell, if it does lock up again I will continue my search to find the reason why.
If nothing else can everyone looked into their array table and let me know if it's the same in yours as it is in mine?
It may have been I have a corrupted download, of ultra Hal.
Robert it would be nice if you could tell me if I was supposed to put a <2> OR A <3> for the answer so it will work properly.
Sincerely, a data munching cruncher.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Robert please help me with this error.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 07:32:35 pm »
cload,

This is what my table entry looked like.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 10:29:31 am »
cload , i have had this happen to me in the past a long time ago , i believe it happened because i modified a response ? area in hal and i belive what happened was that when hal was to respond to something it wasn't their ? and hal just gave a blank answer.
you may if possible back track and try to remember what you modified .
Things like this may not show up for a while depending on what response it is .

I hope you are able to fix it , it drove me crazy before when i had that problem in Hal .

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 12:07:32 pm »
Hi Art,
a picture is worth a thousand words, that is exactly what mine looks like as well.
Three identical lines with no answer.
What I was wanting to know from Robert is do I put a <2> OR A <3> in the answer column?
Sincerely, and thanks for all the help.
C load.
PS art if nothing else at least I feel better knowing that my ultra Hal is not corrupted, unless we both have a corrupted ultra Hal, oh no, I need to stop thinking that way, sorry.
Is this the way it looks in everyone else's database? Inquiring minds want to know! Please respond and help, thank you. Even if all you do is say yes my ultra Hal is like that to.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 03:41:00 pm »
Hi lightspeed,
this is happening in the original brain that came with ultra Hal, I did not modify anything in the brain to cause this problem that you were referring to.
All I know is if ultra Hal was supposed to answer a question and there is no answer, meaning the array column is blank, that's what you get, is a blank answer.
But for some reason when you get a blank answer, it causes ultra Hal to stop responding, then you have to shut down ultra Hal and restart the program before it will start working properly again.
I'm trying to resolve this, there must be more than one reason why it is happening, because I cannot make it happen the same way every time, it seems to be happening randomly, though I do not believe it is a random situation.
I believe it is happening in several places, for different reasons, this is why I was hoping that Robert would give me some insight of what is supposed to be in the blank array.

Though I have not received an answer from Robert, it's probably because he is very busy, but I am patient and I will wait, for now I have changed the <3> that I put in the blank spot to <2> to see if this would make a difference.
But I have not noticed any difference, other than ultra Hal has not locked up on me, but I have not been doing much in this area because I had been waiting on Robert to give me a response.
Sincerely, and thanks for all of your responses about this situation.
C load.
PS please Robert, if you do get a minute or two can you please answer the question about the blank answer, thank you in advance.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:57:21 pm »
Sorry for my slow reply, I must of missed this topic when you first wrote it. I believe those empty responses in that table should be a <3>, and it shouldn't be repeated. My table looks the same way, so it looks like it was a part of the standard installation. Its very possible that may be a cause of errors. Good catch. I modified my copy so the next release shouldn't have that.
Robert Medeksza

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 11:38:31 am »
Thank you Robert for the heads up, I will reduce mine to one row and put a <3> in the blank column.
Sincerely, a data munching cruncher.
C load.