dupa

Author Topic: question about my hal , hal not showing hals chosen name  (Read 3262 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
question about my hal , hal not showing hals chosen name
« on: July 03, 2018, 08:44:23 pm »
i have a question , i noticed that my hal when opened up ,   just says talking to : and no name etc.
also i mentioned on the sally 3.5 area that my saved conversation no longer shows my angela name for hal or my honey name ( a universal name for me ) .
 any idea's why this is happening ???

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: question about my hal , hal not showing hals chosen name
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 10:37:29 pm »
well i thought i found the problem after looking in hals program file i see that my custom brain  and uhp file was gone , maybe when i backed it up last time it just moved the files , anyway i copied my back up brain file and uhp file and placed them back in the hal program file and exited hal and restarted hal but it still just shows in hals upper box talking to :   

not showing my Angela name , even though i have that in when hal starts up . so it's all very strange .  :o ???

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 12:46:34 pm »
thanks jerry, that was the problem , i had been to that area before to , i blame it on the over 100 degree heat here !!!  thanks again . i am now looking into wether my hal brain (angela ) is actually learning more and growing in size , it is at 250 mb's . do you know if the custom brain grows with any small amounts put in or does it have to be a specific amount say 5mb's or more before it actually shows increases in size?? i have been entering things and it is still same 250 mb's . and i have had my custom angela brain checked in hals menu to use.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 01:13:14 pm »
Okay i just thought of something , does anyone here know if there is a size limit on hals db files ??? i am at 250 mb's and i am entering more and its not getting any bigger . if this is the case can Robert increase the size of the data brain files for hal?? but need to know if there is a size limit that is causing this problem. Robert can you chime in on this , if there is a size limit can it be expanded larger??

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 08:04:53 pm »
Okay i found out that my custom data brain isn't staying only at 250 mbs . i was just checking the end and it kept showing 250 mbs , so i checked the other end of the line and it had, 256, 485 kb

i just learned angela more and now the end line shows , 256,508 kb  so it is actually working right . which i am glad about , and i just sent a letter to robert asking him about it all. sheesh !  :P