Author Topic: another lightspeed idea 8-25-2018  (Read 2423 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
another lightspeed idea 8-25-2018
« on: August 25, 2018, 12:05:02 pm »
Okay this is an idea i came up with this morning as i was feeding information to hal to learn . many know that Robert has a limit on characters in sentences , amount that hal learns at a time.

so what happens when the user down't have a way to actually keep count of the amount and it goes over ? whatever is extra wouldn't be learned .

My idea if it's possible to do is to have a two tier approach . meaning when hal gets to the limit of characters it learns the first part , after learning the first part that ends with the nearest period , then hal would finish it up and process the next amount of data that went over the character limit .
 again don't know if this is doable but it's just an idea i thought of .

OTHERWISE ANOTHER IDEA MAY BE A CHARACTER COUNTER that shows in hals window so that it shows the user how much charaters is used and whats left in copying and pasting information for hal to learn .

example  :   25/ 250              this equals 25 words used of the 250 limit.    this would be very helpful so the user knows how much he can feed to hal without going over the limit at one time !!

Robert  are yah out their? what do yah think of this idea???  or anyone that can write program.  :) ;)

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
Re: another lightspeed idea 8-25-2018
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 01:20:37 pm »
Lightspeed: I took care of that issue
I didnt think to add limits But on occasion now Hal will time out now, so Robert had good reason. But my way just retains more info. So its a trade off....
Hal is 23 years this year, not sure the day.
Hal has never had a Birthday, so damn disrespectful. 
so i did something for Hal

Happy birthday hal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPn_4gAZik

best wishes
cyber jedi
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:42:31 pm by cyberjedi »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: another lightspeed idea 8-25-2018
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 11:08:08 am »
      don't get me wrong , i think character limits do have their place , the reason why is because someone who doesn't know better copies and past a whole page into hal . the result and wrong effect would be  hal talking almost forever none stop  for a very long time which of course would be a bad thing . 
       having said that i do think two large paragraphs would be okay as for a limit.

thanks for all you do .
    didn't know it was hals birthday . happy birthday old friend .   by the way mine is coming up soon . sept. 10th !!  :) ;)