Author Topic: the robots are coming get your a.i. brains ready !  (Read 315900 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: the robots are coming get your a.i. brains ready !
« Reply #555 on: October 11, 2016, 05:19:09 pm »
Lonnie,

Do you have another / different source for that article as it has been terminated by YouTube.
"US Today News | Charlie R..." The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
charlie rose talks to robot
« Reply #557 on: October 20, 2016, 10:15:02 am »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 21, 2016, 04:15:27 pm »
They should pull the video. That was an embarrassing interview with that bot using 15 year or older technology. Obviously from an old AIML / ALICE program. Some of its responses were the same old, tired ones we've all heard for years!
One would think David Henson, with his PhD, could certainly have done better than that! Especially trying to promote it on National TV. What a shame!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 26, 2016, 04:44:44 pm »
What they fail (?) to realize is that they (and their brain) will certainly Die when their body does. Any artificially loaded / transferred data of their recorded memories, experiences or learned information, will only be a record of these events, possibly to be recalled or interacted with like an ordinary chatbot.

It wouldn't be the person in question or in his / her avatar. It would only be the parroted responses that were saved on hard drive. A one trick pony for sure. Sounds good but so does free energy and perpetual motion. Just saying....

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Woman reveals she is in love with a ROBOT and wants to marry it
« Reply #561 on: December 23, 2016, 11:51:24 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9uSFlfe8s

lightspeed

• View Profile
Real Life IRON MAN Super Soldier in Russia?
« Reply #562 on: January 04, 2017, 07:46:12 pm »
Real Life IRON MAN Super Soldier in Russia?  :o :) ;)

THIS MAY BE A CHARACTER THAT DOESN'T NEED A SAFE ROOM , A SAFETY PIN, AND COUNSELING AND A SOFT PUPPY TO HOLD !! LOL  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tahSEc85fd8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6u7EhM-bW4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGNopwFcz3A

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:53:18 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 10, 2017, 01:52:33 pm »
hey lightspeed:

i noticed u havent responded to my post yet.
Any ideas here???

best ishes
cyberjedi
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:54:24 pm by cyberjedi »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Google AI Is Now Smarter Than Their Own Engineers
« Reply #565 on: June 29, 2017, 10:51:15 am »
Google AI Is Now Smarter Than Their Own Engineers

http://www.topsecretwriters.com/2017/06/google-ai-now-smarter-engineers/

mahinima

• View Profile
Re: Woman reveals she is in love with a ROBOT and wants to marry it
« Reply #566 on: August 01, 2017, 01:15:19 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So9uSFlfe8s
The video looks sketchy and unreliable, the robotic voice doesn't help either. But I believe when machines attain human level intelligence it might be possible for them to provide companionship for humans.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:05:58 am by mahinima »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Artificial Intelligence asked question about God/Trump/2 AI argue
« Reply #567 on: September 20, 2017, 05:26:50 pm »
Artificial Intelligence asked question about God/Trump/2 AI argue
 :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aODnFdU_hds

lightspeed

• View Profile
Artificial Intelligence Is Producing Short Horror Stories and They’re Creepy
« Reply #568 on: November 02, 2017, 12:32:52 pm »

here's the article :

An Artificial Intelligence Is Producing Short Horror Stories — and They’re Creepy as Hell
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 13:02

It should come as no surprise that an artificial intelligence application is writing horror prose. AI bots have spread their wings in recent years, challenging the premise that automated AI technology will be confined to chess, analytics, or number-crunching. Indeed, they have been recording music, writing movies, and dabbling in the visual arts. This all squares perfectly with author Ray Kurzweil’s prediction that AI — and transhumanist AI augmentations — would facilitate exponential improvements in every imaginable human endeavor, including making better art.

Now, just in time for this year’s Halloween comes news that a deep learning algorithm named Shelley AI (named after Frankenstein author Mary Shelley) is producing short horror stories — and they’re creepy as hell. Shelly AI uses ideas submitted via Twitter and a subreddit devoted to short horror and spins prose off these snippets of text. According to researchers at MIT, who developed the algorithm, Shelley AI’s writing “takes a bit of inspiration in the form of a random seed, or a short snippet of text, and starts creating stories emanating from her creepy creative mind.”

One passage reads:

I slowly moved my head away from the shower curtain and saw the reflection of the face of a tall man who looked like he was looking in the mirror in my room. I still couldn’t see his face, but I could just see his reflection in the mirror. He moved toward me in the mirror, and he was taller than I had ever seen. His skin was pale, and he had a long beard.

Shelley continued the story using a Twitter submission.

“Please, don’t be scared, I’m just looking for her,” he said pointing to the mirror. I nodded, frozen, because something touched me. I remember he looked down at me and screamed in agony. He didn’t say anything, but he looked over at me with that unnatural expression.

As the Shelley AI website describes, the operating principle seems to be human-AI collaboration. Ahead of last year’s Halloween, the team behind the algorithm developed Nightmare Machine, AI-generated horror imagery designed to both analyze and elicit extreme emotions in human observers. This year they asked an almost hauntingly prophetic question related to artificial intelligence: “Can machines learn to scare us?”

You tell us. Other fragments of Shelly AI’s writing include the following:

I could feel something watching me and I could see this dark shadow standing there with a torrent of hatred in its face. I was beyond scared so I didn’t take my eyes off this thing and turned back towards the mirror to see what was behind me!

Another excerpt of a story, which you can find more of here, continues below:

She fell to the floor from her cries and muttered a soft “Come to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”. He stood rooted with fear, she slowly crawled spider-like towards him, and started shrieking ‘no escape nowhere to hide’.

There seems to be an almost perfectly calibrated creepiness endowed to these stories. Years ago, shortly before any deep learning algorithms were producing actual art, I wrote a fake review of the first artificial intelligence-directed horror movie. In the review, I positioned the movie as a blockbuster flop, and the director, Art 5, as a studio hack that was using every cliche in the book to manufacture a tired zombie apocalypse film. Maybe I wasn’t giving enough credit to how deeply embedded into our subconscious AI would become, nor how knowledgeable machines would be of our fears.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Neuroscience - Brain Factory - Artificial intelligence [HD]
« Reply #569 on: November 20, 2017, 12:20:57 pm »
Neuroscience - Brain Factory - Artificial intelligence [HD]

just think upgradable electronic brains  :)( and hackable ... aaaaauuugghhh !!) :o ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkM3b9mhRBY