Author Topic: Could someone please help me?  (Read 5971 times)

jackgephart

• View Profile
Could someone please help me?
« on: January 24, 2014, 05:43:51 am »
 Hi folks, sorry it's been so long to hear from me. I am doing okay, I have some sad news though. I am becoming very disabled, especially in the back and legs. It hurts to sit for very long at all at my computer chair. I also had to get a new computer with Windows 8 on it and People Putty won't even run on Windows 7 well, for me at least. So that's not what I need help with, that's just part of life.
 What I could really use some help with is, when I lost my other computer the hard drive that was on it (holding all of my heads and skins) was shot. I would at least like to play with my creations from time to time, so does anyone have most of my heads/skins that they would be able to send me over the email? My address is jackgephart@yahoo.com and thanks you all so much. I miss doing the heads also, you guys were super great. But I guess it's better that I don't do them anymore cause they nearly cause me my marriage. So please if anyone has my heads and skins that they would be able to send me that would be wonderful. Spydaz had them on his website, but they aren't there anymore. Thanks everyone!

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone please help me?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:39:50 am »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:40:06 pm »
Hey Jack! Nice to see you back!! You've been missed old friend!!

Are you still able to pluck a few strings? I'm still at it now and then!

I thought about using an old laptop with XP just to produce some new People Putty characters since,
like you, People Putty does not play well with Win7 (or 8).

Please don't be a stranger. We've got a bit of catching up to do!

Later....

- Art -
(still crazy after all these years)...

Jack...almost forgot.
If you had a web site that held your work (I can no longer remember), you can revisit in a lot of instances and possibly retrieve some stuff!
It's the Wayback machine at:
https://archive.org/web/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:45:15 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 09:51:48 pm »
Hi Duskrider and Art, I tried both of your suggestions but to no avail. Thanks for the ideas though. I probably just won't ever have any of my heads or skins that I did in the past. I asked Jack@haptek for my license again but I probably won't ever get into it like I was. I downloaded the demo of Putty on Windows 8 and it worked. That was overboard, just about lost everything. No hobby is worth that.

Yes Art, I am jamming more than ever. Really getting into the Beatles music. Sounding pretty good too. Email me if you want a sample. jackgephart@yahoo.com or if you come across some of my heads or skins of mine, anybody????
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:57:29 pm by jackgephart »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 09:32:39 pm »
Hi Jack! Nice to see you back. I have many of your heads and body skins. Easiest for me is to put them in my Dropbox and send you an invite to share.
ted

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 10:15:30 am »
Thank you Ted so much. Great to hear from you. I got the first batch. You are awesome! :) :) :) ;) :)

abstemious

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 04:38:41 pm »
Jack, I may have some of them. Do you have a list of the file names that you are missing? I thought many of them were on gamerthom and/or vrconsulting?

I run Haptek Player on an XP virtual machine under Linux. I think Windows 8 also has some kind of VM player that can run XP? PeoplePutty might work in that? For example (I have not tried this--yet):
    http://lifehacker.com/5965889/how-to-run-windows-xp-for-free-in-windows-8

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 10:00:31 am »
 Abstemious, thank you for your advice, but was found most of my heads and skins. I had given my stuff to Spy_Daz and he had it on his website for a while, but he got more into music and more advanced AI stuff then Haptek, so he took my stuff down off of his site. I got a hold of him and got most all of it back.
 Then, my daughter bought an iPad and asked me if I would like her old XP computer to fix up and sell? I told her, "I'll take it but I am not selling it." Problem solved! Now I have a computer to do People Putty on and one to post my creations with, as well. I like my laptop a lot better for communicating. But I do thank you for your effort to help me, Abstemious.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 05:39:30 pm »
Well Jack, that's some good news!! You must be happier than a pig in slop! (And that's really happy if you've ever grown up on or near a farm!!) One look and you just know those pigs are happy!!

Anyhow, it's nice that you've got a decent canvas once again!! Ply your trade!! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -