Zabaware Forums > Programming using the Ultra Hal Brain Editor

Unable to get the brain editor to work

(1/6) > >>

DemonRaven:
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling hal and i can not get the brain editor to work for me any more any suggestions?

Art:
Just a shot in the dark but if you look at the Ultra Hal Assistant 6 folder, you should see a file: HalBrainEditor.exe with a file date of 2/4/2009 and a size showing 865 KB. (or very similar).

If you DO have this file try double clicking it and see if it runs and opens the Editor program.

If you do not see the above mentioned file, could be your download was corrupted.

Before deleting and downloading all over again, Deactivate Hal, then do a removal.
Then do a bug sweep / anti-virus check.
Do a Registry cleaner. A lot of times portions of Hal (as well as other programs) are left hanging about the registry.
You could manually go through and delete them if you knew what you were doing inside the registry. I would not suggest doing so without a good working knowledge of the registry.

After the above steps check out, reboot.

Download UltraHal once more an d do the install.
Look for the file with Windows Explorer, HalBrainEditor.exe.

Good luck!

PS = Make sure you don't have any weird permissions set that might prevent you from running the exe program?...just saying....

onthecuttingedge2005:

--- Quote from: DemonRaven on August 18, 2015, 12:28:36 am ---I tried uninstalling and reinstalling hal and i can not get the brain editor to work for me any more any suggestions?

--- End quote ---

Hi demon.

is the editor in expert mode, expert mode allows editing..... if this is the case.

if not then please explain further please.

jerry

raybe:
 Sorry I'm late but just in case, Just to chime in as well as running the editor with elevated privileges. Right click, "run as administrator" and it's done. 

raybe

DemonRaven:
Running it as a administrator does not help i get the same error. This is what the error states:

--- Quote ---ERROR:Uknown return_code: FALSE_MAIN_LF_CORRUPT. Please contact vendor shutting  down.
--- End quote ---
I looked up the error message and apparently this was mentioned in the past in the forums here. However one of the posters never let anyone know if the fixes helped. I can try uninstalling and reinstalling it again since i have the actual disk for hal but i don't think it is going to work any better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version