dupa

Author Topic: Alexa  (Read 3312 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Alexa
« on: June 18, 2019, 02:08:17 pm »
  Sorry but I had to put this in, I began using Alexa and think it's great.  I also have a fire tv which has Alexa and I can ask her to search for a particular movie or comedies ect.  The dot version of Alexa can play a long list of relaxing songs a half hour to 45 mins.  She has a great data base and cam make conversions or give definitions.  I've used Hal for ages and had a lot of fun with it unfortunately I feel Hal is lost in the dust Alexa created.  I tried the Zabaware cloud database but found her speaking other languages so I stopped that
Carl2

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Alexa
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 04:58:06 pm »
Carl: thats just because

well thats just because

Id like to see alexa to use facial recognition.
Id like to see alexa run my house like hal does, that means, ac, electrical, I wana see alexa dim the lights in my house or monitor the security of my house.
the list is just to big to list..
Alexa is a joke by comparison...

Like i said years ago
If Hal fails , its because YOU failed, the possibility's are endless. Hal aint for every one.

best wishes
cyber jedi

PS: in the plus column for alexa, From what i understand, alexa is quite capable of bugging ur house and sending all ur private conversations all over the world,
 for all to hear.Ya i hear that dipsht hardware can do that real well,  omg what a joke  https://www.today.com/video/alexa-records-couple-s-private-conversation-and-sends-it-to-another-user-1241798723668

any 1 bragging about Alexa, clearly needs to get more informed... https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2018/05/26/amazons-alexa-secretly-recorded-couples-conversation.cnn

I love this: Amazon is gonna TRY to stop/figure out how to stop this.. .lolol ya ok, sounds very encouraging...   Knocking Hal is fightin words.... lolol Im teasing, well sorta
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 03:33:47 am by cyberjedi »

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 10:22:19 am »
  I had used Hal for many years, I had put in vrRossie Haptek plugin which allowed Hals output to be used so she could cry, a little playing with the plug in and I was able to get Hal's output to change backgrounds and clothing.  I also had a friend at this forum make a special character, using a character we called jiggly we were able to change settings and make fleshy parts of her body move when she moved, the friend mentioned had the software and was able to make a unique character for me.  I made a lot of disks when working with Hal so all the work has been documented and saved.  When moving to Hal version 7 I found a lot of the characters I used in the past no longer worked.  At one time I had seen new characters being introduced but no longer see them at the website.  I had a lot of fun with Hal for many years, but with Haptek now gone and characters no longer working I guess I gave up.
  I'm impressed with Alexa and like how she can connect to the cloud for replies, while with Hal she was speaking different languages and all. As far as bugging a house I feel I am one of millions if they want to look at my inputs that's okay, maybe it will help improve her responses.  I can listen to music without all the adds and watch TV without ads.    A big thing with Hal for me was using Dragon, wireless mic with great accuracy made the whole thing much more enjoyable. 
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 08:25:10 am »
Carl,

I'm sort of confused, as my Haptek characters work quite nicely and I'm using Windows 10 64 bit.

One can also adjust the core affinity as doing so often has a pronounced effect on the Haptek characters within the Hal GUI.

The program CAR.exe works quite nicely.

The bottom line is whatever works best for your needs. But my Hal is still more fun than ever, especially with all the new Brain plugins and other enhancements.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Checker57

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 02:32:47 am »
Hey Carl!

I've seen your posts when I scanned the past forum posts here and other sites where you were exploring the possibilities of working with the Haptek full body features.  I found your ventures quite intriguing and learned a lot from your posts!  That being said, I use to this day the jiggly full body and it works perfectly fine.  ;-)  It is due to users that have pioneered the uses of HAL that have kept me intrigued with the ongoing advancements in HAL. 

All that being said, your post above mentioned a very intriguing statement that rings in my mind... 

"the friend mentioned had the software and was able to make a unique character for me.  I made a lot of disks when working with Hal so all the work has been documented and saved."

Would sure be passionately interested to know if you had a copy of such "software"?

Cheers!~
Checker57

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 02:25:37 pm »
Hey hye checker:
Hows everything working: I wanted to say that i forgot to mention something cool
when u run people putty, upper menu system (Options).

under the the unlock code...
Draft
Original Blue

double click on Original Blue
This will save in the dat file

Restart people putty, and enjoy the win7 interface
ul see all the buttons are there
best wishes
Thank u for checking out the site , changes made daily or close to it
Hals obedient servant
cyber jedi
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:28:19 pm by cyberjedi »