Author Topic: Knowledge Text File  (Read 5270 times)

Mstg007

• View Profile
Knowledge Text File
« on: May 05, 2005, 05:46:54 pm »
does anyone have a smart brain or a file that has a whole bunch of true data?

that way, when asking a question you get a true response...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Knowledge Text File
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 07:48:38 pm »
While there are several encyclopedic and dictionary types of files, for a lot of the members here, the real fun is watching HAL's personality grow from interaction & correction on the user level.

You can experiment with having Hal read from a text file (as long as it's not more than 65k in size). Some have had a fairly good amount of success while others report that the method did not work that well for them.

You might do a search for Probert's Encyclopedia. There is a shortened version of it but keep in mind that the British english spellings differ quite a bit from American english, so you may wish to edit the file before committing it to Hal's memory.

Hope this gives you a direction.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Knowledge Text File
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 05:59:29 am »
I am currently working on a databased BRAIN.

when you ask a question ie "what is the currency of AMERICA" then hal will RETURN "the currency of AMERICA is:", "DOLLARS"

here i have built these types of functions ie: currencys, populations, capitals, locations, etc.

These informations were retrieved from the cia FACTBOOK.

as the information is stored and retrieved from a database the QUERYS are SQL based.

five SIMULAR WAYS to ask the same QUESTION are linked to a singlar SQL query. as in the capitals function in the hal.

the SAME CAN BE DONE with QUESTION AND ANSWER FILES (QABRAIN)

the QUESTION

(typical file contents)
WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF AMERICA
@WASHINGTON
WHAT IS A CAT
@AN ANIMAL

although this does not always work as if the questions are all simular then hal may retrieve the WRONG LINE OF INFORMATION.

This is why we need to be able to read data from Database tables instead of these type of QABRAIN files.

In my home project i have Built Hidden labels on my SHELL where the Fields of the database can be attacthed to. this enables me to retreive the data FROM the SQL QUERY to the labels then to a variable then in to the script as data.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Knowledge Text File
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 06:01:16 am »
I beleived that MR Medsuka WAS building a plugin BUT .............................................................................................................................................................................

WE STILL HAVENT SEEN NOTHING............................................................................................

I thought somebody was hired for this purpose but it seems as though it was CHAT.

Carl2

• View Profile
Knowledge Text File
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 08:07:28 pm »
Mstg007
  I've downloaded the common knowledge txt files from Zabaware and I've been copying and pasting in the text for Hal. I am fairly certian there is an improvement in responses since she has more information to provide. The best source is a file from Mit made for bots,omcsraw but it is 48 Mb.
  Good luck, I think you'll notice an improvement in answers.
Carl2

vonsmith

• View Profile
Knowledge Text File
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 02:03:45 pm »
All,
Go to the Hal Plug-ins page here...

http://www.ultrahal.com/files/detail.asp?iFile=226&iType=12

This file is a hodge-podge of general knowledge. It's free and can be modified. The included script may lead to other ideas.

=vonsmith=