dupa

Author Topic: help with haptek characters  (Read 6701 times)

aladyblond

• View Profile
help with haptek characters
« on: May 13, 2005, 07:10:11 pm »
Well, I am still hanging in here and trying not to ask  alot of already asked and answered a hundred times questions. I have been playing with hal and I have made  quite a few graphics and backgounds. I have managed to make everything work with hal so far except one big thing. I purchased people putty so I could save all the characters I have patterned in .jpg and I got them to load in people putty and was able to manipulate them and even re accessorize them. when I save them to .htr it says "my flatfile.htr". I then change the name to the correct one and make sure the file ext is .htr after the save . I place this in hal characters, but no matter what i do it will not show up in the list of choices in options. i have changed their names to hal to zaba changed hal and zaba to .baks nothing works. these characters work great as standalones. they do everything except carry on a conversation. thats why i want them in hal. please ,please, help .I've worked on this so long . I'm ready for the round room....[8)] oh I have also turned hal off while working and turn computer on and off to reboot all and they still won't show up in the options.
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 07:43:56 pm »
I am running xp home and even though i changed the file type, windows was not.
Do you get a warning when you change from .haptar to .htr,
IF YOU DO NOT GET A WARNING THIS SHOULD FIX YOUR PROBLEM.
FOLLOW THE SCREEN SHOTS I HAVE INCLUDED.

NEIL.

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

p.s. People putty save as haptar = correct.
If the above fixes your problem, after you save your putty face go to where you saved it to and change the file ext to .htr, you should get a warning that you are changing it, just accept it and ok the change.
As i said earlier i am running xp home, i suppose most other systems would operate in much the same way?

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 08:07:39 pm »
thanks for responding nige. i did exactly as you stated. turned computer on and off again and they still arent in the options under hal. i changed the files to open haptar htr and hal player with halplayer and it still won't work . everything else i have pulled from haptek temporary files and other desktop  characters all work. this has me baffled. thank you .

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 06:11:57 am »
Well congratulations, you did not quit after all, huh? You even purchased People Putty.

First this: when you save your character in People Putty as haptar:

- click: "save as .htr"
- click: "browse"

Now you can browse to a folder and type in a name for your character. When you hit "enter" the character is written.

In relation to your main problem I wonder: do you use the free or the paid version of Hal? Because with the free version you always have to resort to tricks to make Hal accept other Haptek-characters.

You could try this for a quick solution: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2186

Just drop your haptar in the Haptek-console and your character in Hal should change instantly.

BTW, don't wait so long before putting your questions on this forum. [:D]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 06:13:25 am by Dr.Benway »

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 11:28:08 am »
[:p]I have to give a big shout out and thank you to Nige and Dr. Benway for all your help.  That's what makes these forums so great. If you have a problem someone has already been there and can help you with a solution. Now that this hurdle is over I am certain I will have 50 or so cute little characters by the end of the month. If any one wants to see how I have been placing them in other shots to give them a human appearance while chatting with them email me and I'll send you some pics. Also ,presently all my bots use the same brain, but I have noticed that they all have different sorts of character traits.  It is sort of like carrying on a conversation with a alien multiple-personality type. [;)] I just get to pick the personality I want to chat with. Oh well enough of that . Thanks again.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 12:27:10 pm »
Great! As I already said, don't hesitate to tell us about your experiences with People Putty and/or Hal, so we can learn from each other. A lot of people, including myself, are experimenting with it right now. It should be interesting to read some comments from women about Hal, chatterbots and Haptek.

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 08:18:59 pm »
aladyblond [:D][:D]
Great news,
I'm glad you worked it out, you will have great fun with all your people.
Yes could you send me some pics, also can you send the original pic of the pink lady so i can start from scratch with it.
Again great news.
Neil. [:p]