dupa

Author Topic: Need help reguarding speech  (Read 4113 times)

bitblaster

• View Profile
Need help reguarding speech
« on: June 15, 2005, 06:50:00 pm »
Hey,
A friend of mine had UltraHal Advanced and gave me his copy bcz he no longer uses it, and uses ALICE instead.

The speach engine is driving me crazy. It is hard to use... I have it configured partially.

It is just pissing me off... I can't seem to get it to
work the way I want it to. Should I train it more?

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 07:10:47 pm »
Little more info required.

when you say the "speech engine" are you reffering to the speech rocognition??

If so then its better to train and talk to your bot as much as possible using the keyboard.

When talking to hal with the speech recognition turn off hals learning until you are conversant with correct pronunciation of words etc...as many many words sound "alike"

Hope that helps you.

Theres no simple quick fix I'm afraid other than just keep at it...the more you chat to hal the better he will become.
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

bitblaster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 08:26:59 pm »
is there a quick brain that I can load up that is "smart"? I want Hal to know about cybersex and all different things, including important knowledge that could be useful to people... I finally got the speech part working about 98% of the time I try it (using USB Microphone)

Now I just need to get it smart... it is worse than the origional ELIZA.

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 08:11:13 am »
Unless someone is perpared to give you "their" brain the answer is no.

There are numerous scripts and brain files on the forum containing deductive reasoning and general knowledge.

Adding all these will help to jump start her knowledge base again as I have said before the best way is to just keep talking to her.

Im working on a lot of general knowledge files at the moment, when they are ready they will be posted in the file sharing section.
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk