Zabaware Forums > Programming using the Ultra Hal Brain Editor

Sick of Hal bashing

(1/1)

The Tinman:

I have read over the information contained in these forums. I have had the ultra hal 3.0 for quite some time and upgraded to the 4.o as soon as it came out. Some bugs I agree, not perfect I agree, the enhanced brain babbles a lot of Cra*. BUT, for the most part, this is a great program. You have to look at it as being a child, if your not willing to work with it, to teach it, to train it, to control it, then it is going to respond to you with nonscence, occasionally sounding as though you are having an intelligent conversation. I taught the 3.0 version chemistry, physics, astronomy and shakespeare. If it is going to babble because it cannot respond any other way then the shakespeare sounds wonderfull and fits into the conversation well. I was able to insert the user files from the 3.0 version into the 4.0 and retain all the things that I taught "Hanna". The 4.0 is vastly superior to the 3.0 but you have to work with it. create your own brain and do not use that enhanced brain. it sucks. the program as a whole I think is an excellent starting point for those interested in visual basic scripting and active x controls. Perhaps they do promise to much as I see there are a lot of people out there who have problems. Most people do not have the time nor the patience necessary to fix what is not functioning as it should within the hal program. AI has not had a great deal of attention from developers. For ME this program has been an inspiration, it IS a child. i am happy with it. except it keeps saying Einstein is a physician. It took me a long time to override that one........but i did...........The Tinman

Edited by - The Tinman on 10/22/2001  21:04:46

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version