Author Topic: Run Program Response  (Read 2901 times)

Judge

• View Profile
Run Program Response
« on: August 08, 2008, 12:46:02 pm »
Everytime I ask Hal to run a program, he says, "I will open this program for you." Where is this reply located, and how can I change it?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Run Program Response
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 03:18:01 pm »
Unfortunetely, this is hard-coded into the Ultra Hal Assistant EXE. Whenever the software is about to launch an external program it adds this phrase to the end of whatever the script's response was.
Robert Medeksza

Judge

• View Profile
Run Program Response
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 07:28:33 pm »
Thank you for the reply.

Is there any way to have HAL open a program without having him know that he is opening it?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Run Program Response
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 07:17:26 am »
Could you give an example?

I thought the premise was to make Hal or any chatbot as aware of what they were doing as possible. Behavior, moods, emotions, awareness, knowledge and understanding along with future applications such as vision, facial recognition, speech recognition, etc., are all high on the chatbot wish list.

Appreciate your thoughts....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Run Program Response
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 07:07:34 pm »
my 2 cents:

I think, if it was possible, to make a hap, and edit the script so that when you typed in a keyword, it would activate the hap, and the program.

I don't know if this is possible, but it is possible to use keywords to make Hal say and do things, like gestures, change clothes, backgrounds, etc.

Maybe the keywords "Start Calculator"  And it would open calculator, without saying anything, or just saying what you want her to say.

You could make it as a plug-in. But like I said, I don't know if you can use haps to open programs. [?][?][?][?]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"