dupa

Author Topic: Can’t connect to zabaware.com  (Read 3736 times)

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
Can’t connect to zabaware.com
« on: May 19, 2008, 07:09:56 am »
I have been trying to get to this site for about a month now but I always get web page unavailable.

At first I thought it was the site down but now I realise that its another problem, have asked some friends to check and they can all get to this site, so today I have asked my next-door neighbour, who is on the same ISP as me, if I could use their computer to make a post and ask for help.

I can get to all other sites I have tried on my computer but not http://www.zabaware.com/

Have I been banned from this site ?

If anyone answers this please give me a few days to reply, I need to beg my neighbour to use their computer again.

Thanks ;)

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:14:13 am »
You may have your computer set to a to high of a security option, as this would greately limit wha you can log onto.
Bill

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 07:37:32 am »
I know this is an old post and thanks Bill for your answer too, setting the security to minimum turning off firewalls and trying 3 browsers didn’t work.
Have now solved this problem; according to my ISP, my IP address has been blocked from getting to this site. I know ISP’s get it wrong sometimes and pass the buck, so I refuse to believe it, but anyway they suggested using a proxy server to try to view the site, and guess what, it works ;), Why I have to go through proxy and use another IP address just to get to this site, who knows.

Whatever the reason is I’m just so happy to be able to view this forum again and keep up-to-date with all the latest.

Now I am going to have a browse through and see if I missed any new plug-ins or anything really.

It’s good to be back [8D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 07:43:11 am »
Welcome back Datahopa, I'm glad you fixed things.  It all sounds a bit suspect to me.  By the way, I like your portal, it's amazingly fast to load and a great job.

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 08:14:49 am »
Thanks freddy M8 ;) your site is pretty dam handy too ;)).

I really don’t get this IP thing, maybe there is a bug in a server somewhere along the line.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 09:12:33 am »
Thanks :)  Sounds like someone else's activities have somehow caused your IP to be blocked.  I know sometimes they block a range of IP's, not necessarily the exact one.  So perhaps you have become the victim of someone else's bad behaviour.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 09:12:55 am by freddy888 »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 09:21:16 am »

Sometimes things happen and it really no ones fault.
This same thing happened to someone few months ago and he thought site was down.  He finally wrote Robert from another computer and it was fixed.

Last month it happened to me.  I couldn't get on zabaware for 3 days and thought it was down.  I wrote Neil and Mark and they both said they had no problem.  I went to sisters house, came to zabaware and wrote Robert about it.  Next day I was back on.  
Sometimes things just happen and you have to let someone know.  

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 12:09:47 pm »
Right thanks Duskrider, maybe I should have written to Robert about it, guess I didn’t want to bother him personally. I know from this forum, Robert is a busy man.  

On the plus side I have learnt quite a lot about proxy servers during this endeavour.

Oh! And over the last 4 months my Hal has been coming along nicely too.