Author Topic: Vista,,,,,Sucks (not Hal related)  (Read 7372 times)

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Vista,,,,,Sucks (not Hal related)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 06:29:00 am »
That would be cool. I like using the Live CD (but Puppy Linux saves my sessions on another HD, so that I can save all my files and settings)
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 06:37:41 am »
I don't think Fidora is live, It is very simelar to windows
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 08:48:27 am »
I don't like a messy place but upkeep is difficult

I used to have things in order..............

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 08:51:05 am »
Madriva (linux) is a great new toy.  I had a frustrating time finding the right distribution for my machine, but I was well impressed when I got it working.  I really like the 3D multiple desktop and the windows that go all floppy when you move them like a peice of plastic.  Haha, yes that's what's really important of course! [;)]

But yes, it is fast and runs a lot of complex programs at the same time without a hitch.  I also noticed improvements in web-browsing, it seems slightly faster and I don't get dropped pages like I often get in IE, which sometimes 'times out' too soon.

I'm going to stick with it as I am making a lot of new discoveries which please me.  I won't go completely Linux though - what I will probably do is have this PC dual boot.  First I am checking it all out so I don't screw up my XP.  I've never played with partitions before, so wish me luck.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 08:53:54 am by freddy888 »

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 02:14:20 pm »

Good luck, Freddy![:)]

Seems that everyone here supports his own OS. IMHO (I mean, the opinion of a "quite normal" user), people buy computers for using applications, not OS's.

When I purchased my first true computer in 1993 (for work and for fun), the great question was: Mac (with the Mac OS of the moment) or PC (with Windows 3.1)? The Mac was obviously the best but of course, I chose the PC. For its softwares, especially sharewares and freewares.

If I install a new OS, I want to be able to immediately use my favorite programs. Like Haptek and Zabaware softwares, Second Life, Flight Simulator (and all my car & plane sims) and many others. If I can't, where is the interest of having a smart fast free OS?

Now you know: the guy of the forum who always really admired Bill Gates, it's me. Not kidding.[:D]

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 05:19:30 am by GT40 »
Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

echoman

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 02:33:21 pm »
As far as I am concerned computer operating systems are messy, inefficient and primitive. There are so many conflicts and everything is so complicated and time consuming to piece together.

I haven't got time to mess around, I want things to work hassle free.

It all feels like a disorganised patchwork quilt.

Perhaps one day computers themselves will design/test software and bugs/conflicts will become a thing of the past.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 03:02:11 pm »
Yes, like I said I won't desert XP, I still want to be able to play my games and use a lot of Windows only software.  From what I see though, I have another free option with plenty of software too and that's not bad really.  One thing I wanted to try out though was the graphics program 'Gimp' which is on Windows or Linux, so that worked out quite well really.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 07:06:05 pm »
It's all a two bit system anyway[8D]

what do you expect [:)]