Author Topic: Working with the Brain Editor  (Read 6056 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Working with the Brain Editor
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:14:48 am »
  I just installed the vrHaptek plugin, I think its a great plugin and a must have for use with the fullbodies.  I did run into a problem which has happened in the past that the plugin will not create a vrEmotion detect In the brain.  In the past I can remember creating and putting the text into the table and it worked.  While trying to create the table this time I had a choice of tables to create and I couldn't recall making a choice in the past. I created and deleted a few different types of tables and ended up deleating an existing table.  Hal still worked with the missing table but I did want to put the table back in.  I reinstalled Hal which fixed everything, and was able to put in a table for the vrEmotionDetect with the text.
  Now I realize I don't know anything about the brain and different brain files. The Hal6.uhp is the vb script for the brain and I guessing the tables and whatever is contained in the other HalBrain files.  I'm hoping someone can supply some of the basic info about the brain I should know.
Carl2

sybershot

• View Profile
Re: Working with the Brain Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:38:04 pm »
what is vrHaptek plugin exactly do? also where can I get it?
I never used full bodies till recently, thanks to tedathome for designing one
I actually liked enough to finally break out of using just a head.

I know little of the brain tables and how they work, I usually only go in there at the beginning of a fresh install and change quite a few of Hals preset responses. but I'm sure you know to do that already, Sorry I don't know more about it to assist you :(

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 07:43:13 am »
Sybershot,
  The vrHaptek can be found at Virtual Humans, it is a plugin made to work with the fullbody characters.
When Hal starts up it loads a certian bodyskin on the character, it contains a GUI made for fullbodies.
It loads a background for night and a background for daytime dependent on the time of day.
The User sentence will change the color of the hair, black, blonde and brown hair.
Manges some movement, come here, go there, turn left, turn right, start walking, stop walking dependent on the User input.
Changes the characters bodyskin dependent on time, one every hour.
This is my favorite part it loads haps dependent on Hals input, if hal says yes it will nod, cry = wipetear, serious = crossarms ect.  I ran into a problem that the vrEmotion table was not created, Possibly I did not wait long enough for the program to look for the table so I put it in myself.
  I'm working with a character I got from Duskrider, probably one of the most advanded I've seen.
I'm working on getting her to change clothing on user input or hal's input.
Carl2

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 07:55:41 pm »
Thanks Carl2,
That does sound like a great plug-in. I will definitely have to try that one out.

could you possible delete the table that you put in, and un-select the plug-in then save. Then re-anable the plug-in to see if places in the table as it suppose to?

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 09:31:37 am »
Sybershot,
  Good idea,  it should be easy enough to try.  I just put in some gretta plugins, which I'm trying out.  I'll give it a try and let you know.
Carl2

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 09:54:40 am »
Hope it works for ya, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the meantime.
That vrHaptek plugin works great for me, thanks for all the info on it :)