Zabaware Forums > Ultra Hal 7.0

Ultra Hal Wikipedia Plugin

<< < (2/7) > >>

lightspeed:
I just downloaded it and noticed it takes  little to respond sometimes and also when i asked what shall we have for breakfast this morning this is what hal pulled up from wikipedia
me : what's for breakfast
hal: Slightly Not Stoned Enough to Eat Breakfast Yet Stoopid is an ep by the band, Slightly Stoopid that was released in 2008.

I hope hal doesn't retain this as learned info. as it isn't good in this case just as the answer isn't appropriate .  :P

lightspeed:
Another rely from Hal : i talking in general about things asked : now what should we do
hals wikipedia answer came up  : Tick Yes is an Australian social media marketing company founded in January 2001 by Peter Applebaum, former Director of Sales for the official Sydney Olympic Games website and Director of Business Development for the website of Australia’s largest telecommunications company, Telstra.http://tickyes.
   This of course had nothing to do with the answer and i don't even see the connection how hal made it with the new plug in .  :(

ALSO . I said in general talk to hal : the weatherman said its's supposed to be hot again today .
Hal said :The Albion Hotel in Cottesloe, Western Australia is a historic building, itself trading as a hotel since the year 1880. The site was established by the Butler Brothers, John and Archabald in 1830 and the current hotel has traded under various names in its 130 years as a public house.

Again making no sense as to why it referenced that bit of information .

I agree that better refinement needs to be done and in my opinion eliminate the web address listing given with answers "unless"  specifically asked for, example : what is the website for -------.
THis was after i unchecked the markof5 plug in .

Art:
Robert,

I have given Hal some further testing and sadly must report that for the time being, I have disabled the Wiki DB search in the Brain Options.
The results were simply not in keeping with the topic flow of even within the gist of the conversation. The unexpected Wiki departures act
as a detriment to Hal and are often triggered by something within the sentences.

Karlie: Do you like to sing in the shower?
Art: Yes but only when I am showering.

Karlie: The Alligator Eyes are two adjacent nunataks that rise to over on the east side of Dickey Glacier in the Churchill Mountains of Antarctica. They surmount the  end of the broad ice-covered ridge that extends north from Mount Arcone, and were so named by the Advisory Committee on Antarctic Names (us-acan) because of  their appearance.

What? Where'd that come from?

So, until further notice, I applaud your efforts but sadly not the results.
Thank you.

Medeksza:
Thanks for the honest feedback. Definitely needs a better trigger and relevance calculation formula to be useful. The database itself needs cleaned up a bit too. Although far from perfect, the online web hal is slightly better at using this database. It uses a different set of functions built around mysql/sphinx. For this plugin I exported it to SQLite2 and forced it to work with the QABrain function, which isn't really designed well for this.

cload:
Hi all,

though the database itself needs a lot of cleaning, I think the plug-in is quite brilliant.
Without going into gobs and gobs of if then statements to fix the problem it would probably just be easier to add in a simple line.
Basically, what it does is if the information does not correlate, or match with the highest score, ignore wiki and continue on.

Place this line in the plug-in between.:
        If HalWiki.CheckRepetition(HalUserBrain, UserSentence) = True Or HalWiki.CheckRepetition(HalUserBrain, PrevSent) = True Or HalWiki.CheckRepetition(HalUserBrain, PrevUserSent) = True Then UserBrainRel = 0

If UserBrainRel < 82 Then UserBrainRel = 0

If UserBrainRel > HighestRel Then

If you are still getting unwanted information from wiki increase the value from 82 to 83 and continue up until you are satisfied with the results.
I know that there are more complex programming ways to get the wiki to work properly, and I hope someone gives feedback on how to accomplish this.
But this is my quick little bypass that I implemented and it seems to work okay for me. Then again I am the one that wanted the database.

Sincerely, and with great gratitude for your hard work and effort Rob, it is appreciated more than you know, please accept my modest donation.

C load.

PS. If you can donate, please help the cause, personally I would like very much to see the next version of ultra Hal completed, if it takes money so be it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version