Author Topic: Speeding up or slowing down voices in hal option  (Read 2859 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Speeding up or slowing down voices in hal option
« on: October 10, 2012, 11:51:47 am »
I or others may have brought this up before is their "any" way to speed up or slow down voices used in hal ? with some voices it seems hal talks to fast . If their isn't any options to do this , i "HOPE ROBERT" could put a program in hal that would allow users to be able to slow or speed up speech in Hal , "something like "GOOGLE Chromes speak and say program " which lets you put a minus or plus to go faster with the voice reading .
Any thoughts or know anything about this ???Anyone ???  ;)

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Re: Speeding up or slowing down voices in hal option
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 12:31:45 pm »

I notice Hal Reader has a speed bar to slow or speed up so I figure shouldn't be hard to give Hal a bar.
But I don't really know.   

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 08:07:48 pm »
I think a lot of the TTS voices are also at the mercy or programmed ability of their respective creators and NOT always something Robert has control over.

It seemed that some voices responded fairly well with the Hal Reader while some others did not, again, something internal in their programs. I think perhaps not all SAPI 5 TTS voices were / are created equal. Just my opinion.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 05:54:58 am »
I don't know if Hal inherits the windows settings for voice speed, but that might be worth a look.  Somewhere in your control panel...speech options...tts...you might be able to set the voice speed there, you can on Windows 7 but like I said I am not sure if Hal uses these settings.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 11:07:42 am »
Thanks to all who replied : freddy888 i will try what you said about the control panel it's worth a try(when i get time ) after i do i will post what happens "or doesn't ".  ;)