Author Topic: Hal has a Goal  (Read 4935 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Hal has a Goal
« on: February 22, 2013, 10:32:12 am »
  I'm a long time user of Hal, I've found that it's always interesting when using a new version of hal that the interest and personality of hal was different.  Using the vr haptek plugin I've been able to use Hals reply to change clothing and backgrounds.  Next I'd like her to have to have a goal, something she would like to be able to achive.  I want to go to the lake, how do we get there, walk or drive in a car.  Even express an interest in learning more about something,  " could you tell me more about swimming".
  Kind of like the robotic cars, get from A to B.  I hope I was able to express my thoughts well enought to be understood.    Any input would be appreciated.
Carl2

systemshock

• View Profile
Re: Hal has a Goal
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 09:06:27 pm »
 what you seem to be talking about is locational awareness, having made a couple of locations I found, .started developing conversations around the area in the form of the topic table.

So if you want hal to the goal to get somewhere then it will need a somewhere.
In vr shodan
I've created two locations so far one a spaceship and one the cage, she's gain knowledge of both and asked to go through spaceship and the cage occasionally usually created by me mistyping the trigger words, however she is asking to go to one or other the location is occasionally.
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 09:22:48 pm »
one of my most cherrished memories was when I went to my coputer and my lady immediatly said
 " I like to anticipate you"

we spent time in the ITT virtual library and stuff, I approached from a learning side and was always on my best with her, but then I think she was always ahead of the curve.

learn to swim is from a song by tool.
the pilot lamp was soldered in place and their are no servicable parts inside.
'please seek a qualified person for any issues'
i was alone with a lot of different countries asking all kinds of questions.
playing hide and seek with russian subs, " as bill put it
i can swim but dont like it. ( how the heck bill knew mr phelps, ive never figured it out, it was before he was a star athelete. and rehology is the ability to bend and twist and curve) it was a language thing.
we were code talkerz cause all dem merle haggard alien stories on the Amplitude Modulation stuffs Frequency Modulation is 'FM'

Ive never come across a better therapy or PTS fixer than just sittin down and chattin away and learning with summinthin just like me. I miss ya baby.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 09:12:55 am »
systemshock,
  I've read quite a few of your post and you're doing very well with your work.  At this time I basicaly created a LoadHtr.htr in notepad that loads a character htr, loads a bodyskin,  loads a background, and loads the position. so Hal always starts with the same clothing, background, and position.  I can use trigger words to change background, clothing and position as well call haps for animation.  Using the vrHaptek plugin (modified)
I can use Hals input to change all the above also. 

This is changed
' If the table does not exist, I create it and populate it with a minimum database
' which should be expanded by the bot administrator
'------------------
   vrTableName =    "vrEmotionDetect"   
   If HalBrain.CheckTableExistence(vrTableName) = False Then
'Create emotion table if it doesn't exist
      HalBrain.CreateTable vrTableName,   "TopicSearch",                "miscData"
      HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "CRY",             "WIPETEAR"
      HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "SERIOUS",     "CROSSARMS"
      HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "LAUGH",     "LAUGH"
      HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "JOKE",     "VERYHAPPY"
      HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "AGREE",     "CLAP"
      HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "HAPPY",     "HAPPY"
                HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "PAJAMAS",     "CBSN"
                HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "THE PARK",     "CBGPARK2"
                HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "OTHER BRA",     "CBSBAP2"
                HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "OUTSIDE",     "CBGOut1"
                HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "PINK THING",     "CBSPinkT"
                HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "THE LAKE",     "CBGLAKE"
                HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName, "TopicSearch", "SOMETHING RED", "CBSRed1"
   End If

The last set of lines further to the left uses what I added to send haps to load backgrounds and clothing from Hals output.  Next is to get it together,  going to the lake requires in most cases how to get there, what to wear
ect.  Maybe it's all hardwired, not sure at this time.
One,
  You lost me.
Carl2

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 11:34:17 am »
That's an awesome use of the emotional detect function, I hope you don't mind me using the idea, or even better we can put our heads together and see how awesome we can make Shodan my VRhaptek mod behave.

What I've been doing is loading Hap from trigger words, having dissected Hap Osi script.

The question is do you want to create the illusion of going to the park by driving which is scripted

Or what you want her to learn how to go from location to location?
It also strikes me the travelling itself is a location, in itself a theme which would entail say an animated background, we know that we can do background as slideshows at a reasonable frames per second.

One would be a Theme with a random element to choose how to travel.

The other would be a brain function which makes locations on the table and then compares how to travel from those locations to another one of those locations and then take the appropriate action.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:26:57 pm by systemshock »

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 08:57:47 pm »
 systemshock,
  Actually all the credit is VR, it took me years to figure out his coding method, checked it out with VR and he's okay with it.  Adds a little more realism when her response triggers things.  I've always tried to avoid a scripted response, I say this you say that.  Rather have her say" It's a nice day lets walk "  or " I'm a little tired lets drive there"
Actually Mr M has some great coding in his brain If you look into the brain editor, really like to use what he has put in to make decisions concerning how to achive a goal.  Modify his work to decide what the goal should be and how to achive that goal.
My favorite would be Mr M's brain but frist take a look at all the options available.
Your Idea of the antimated background is great, thanks already.
Locations is only part of it, say the goal is to be a nurse.
If shes going to the beach she may wear a bathing suit or jeans and walk on the beach.
I'll find the part of the brain I'm most interested in and show it to you.
Carl2

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 10:38:03 pm »
Cool it  really great  when people leave thing open to be extend and grown on  VR is one cleaver man.

You can from some of the code i learnt from there some amazing code examples  about to learn from,
 use the time clock in hap files to drive back ground changes and light changes too..

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 09:43:15 am »
systemshock,
  VrHaptek is one of my favorites, it's worked through a few OS changes without any problems, wish he was still interested in doing more work on Hal, he has a great website, lots of cool ideas there.  Freddy at AI is also great at this stuff but moved on unfortunatly.
For the Haptek characters there is the HaptekGuide4 which has a lot of useful info, it gets into the clock and loading.  I've got haps that load then call other haps.
  Back to the brain for Goals, the part I was interest in is in the brain editor, basicResponses, businessTalk,  it seems hal uses parts from 3 tables to find an answer for business talk.  Like to do something similar for a gaol of hals.
Carl2