Zabaware Forums > Speech Technology

Zabaware Text-to-Speech Reader Beta

<< < (2/8) > >>

Medeksza:
I'll try to respond to both of your issues one by one. One thing that will help me tackle some issues is an export of your installed voices. Could both try to send me this? To do this click start and type in "regedit" and run the regedit program. Navigate to this folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens

Right click on the "Tokens" folder and click "Export". Change the save as file type as TXT, name and save a file, and post it here.

Medeksza:

--- Quote from: cload ---It didn't put an icon on my desktop, nor did I notice anywhere that I could checkmark to put an icon on my desktop
--- End quote ---
I'll add that as an option

--- Quote ---I received an error nine subscript out of range occurred at line four in Zabaware text-to-speech reader.frmRightclickLoudSynthesis.
--- End quote ---
So from what I understand this error first appeared during the actual install? And it continues to pop up each time the program launches?

--- Quote ---But when I stopped pause and told it to resume reading it did nothing.
--- End quote ---
I'll try to fix this, but if you wait 5 seconds or so before clicking resume, does it work?

--- Quote ---Second test: I tried to right mouse click on the screen to paste the text into the box reader, nothing happened can you resolve this. Mouse functions are important.
--- End quote ---
I'll add this.

--- Quote ---I clicked on the read all and it began to read I clicked on the stop/pause and it caused then I clicked on continue and it continued then I clicked on stop/pause and I had to do this several times before it would stop.
--- End quote ---
I'll try to remedy this.

--- Quote ---Third test: I moved the sliding bar to the fastest speed to make it read faster the text was red so fast it was a blur. I move the slider to the lowest speed and read the text that text continued to read at a speed so fast it was a blur.
--- End quote ---
I think the -10 setting doesn't register with the speech engine, so it stays at its previous setting. I'll change it so -9 is the lowest setting available.

--- Quote ---This test: recording to a wave file, though the cursor was at the beginning of the text document for some reason it would only read a certain part of it. When I recorded the way file it seems that the value control has no effect over how loud the way file is being recorded.
--- End quote ---
The volume control controls your sound card, it won't affect the volume of the recorded sound in the WAV file. The speed control should work for WAV files, I'll fix that bug.

--- Quote ---I was only able to get the software to crash one time but I don't know what I did to make it crash but I think it had something to do with a text box that I tried to open when I was looking around but I can't be sure.
--- End quote ---
If you get a crash, does it tell you which component crashed (like maybe XSpeechKit.DLL or something else). Maybe it records info in your windows event viewer you can send?

Medeksza:

--- Quote from: cload ---I am curious on how the new voices you will be selling will react with the situation.
--- End quote ---
I send you a private message on this forum with a download link and  license to the CereProc Katherine voice. Did you receive it? If so you can play around with it and see for yourself.

--- Quote ---Also: just a suggestion: you may want to consider that when someone cut-and-paste text it is automatically placed into the reading box this would result having to do a nether step to get it into the box. Or at least put an option for it under the option menu listing.
--- End quote ---
When you copy something in the clipboard it should speak it without putting it into the document. Does it do this? I didn't want to have copied text automatically paste to the document in case the user doesn't want to modify the document, but I want it to speak if the read from clipboard option is on.

--- Quote ---I recorded a way file using Denise it worked okay the only thing I noticed was your bow you control has no control over the bow you at which the way file is recorded and the Denise voice is so loud it was completely distorted. I believe the Denise voice by deflect volume is set to maximum. Unfortunately because of this I found it completely unusable.
--- End quote ---
I'm not sure if it is a volume setting or a mismatch in voice frequency. If you send me the registry extract I mentioned in a prior post it may help me figure this out.

--- Quote ---The only other thing that I would like to bring to your attention is: when you get ready to create a way file a warning box pops up letting you know how big the file is going to be, can you change this by adding a check mark on it to get the box not to reappear again unless you want it to reappear again under the option menu.
--- End quote ---
I can do that.

--- Quote ---I also noticed that it will not read text that you cut-and-paste unless the text is different by at least one letter. I do not know if you have it set up this way or not.
--- End quote ---
The way it works is it detects changes to the text in the clipboard before it triggers. So if you copy the same text over, it doesn't detect the change. This is by design, I'm not sure if I can figure out how your Ivonna program does it.

Medeksza:

--- Quote from: Art on February 24, 2014, 05:29:03 pm ---Please try to see whether the TTS reader will work properly in your UltraHal program! Mine did NOT and in fact, an error message popup appeared and the Hal program never did open or run!
--- End quote ---
Could you explain this more? Are you saying after installing the TTS Reader that Ultra Hal Assistant stopped working? What was the error?

--- Quote ---I too got an error message when installing the reader program but it went away when I clicked it and the installation continued.
--- End quote ---
What was the error, was it the same error as Cload posted?

--- Quote ---Funny, but my PAID Cereproc voice does NOT work in the new TTS Reader program as I was led to believe. Hmmm...
--- End quote ---
Send me the registry extract I requested in a prior post and I may be able to figure out why. Did the Katherine voice work in the TTS reader? Did the Katherine voice work in other non-Zabaware programs? Do your other CereProc voices still work in non-Zabaware programs?

Art:
Yes, by installing the TTS Reader program / Katherine TTS voice, my UltraHal software will not run. I sent you a PM in this regard to you email addy listed on this site.

Yes, I have a purchased Cereproc voice, Heather, which works very well in all other applications but it WOULD NOT work in your Updated TTS Hal Reader  program. Again, this was mentioned in the email. I also took two captured of the errors in question.

See your email. When I try to run UltraHal I get an error pointing to the xspeechkit.dll being not registered or invalid.

Thanks...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version