Zabaware Forums > Speech Technology

TTS not working

<< < (2/2)

raybe:
Just something else to try. Many times certain voices will not register although selected in HapSapi config, even if you go to options and speech and just select and apply voice. There have been times and I don't have an answer why that for HapSapi to recognize a particular voice you must first select an MS voice then select your voice of choice and apply although you can clearly see the added voice in the selection.

Just jumping in real quick and can't confirm anyone else having to do this procedure but it does correct using certain third party voices with UltraHal.

OVERVIEW: 1- options
                    2- speech
                    3- Select Ms voice first
                    4- Then select third party voice of your choice, hit apply.

Remember if there is an appointment or reminder, your UltraHal character GUI screen will open and you will only see the text for the appointment or reminder with no voice until you return back to options and make those selections as noted above. Maybe rare but it has happened and sometimes still does due to UltraHal being able to register those voices properly.
raybe

KLSlim:
Poked around in the registry some more and found a HK to Bridget in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens\VW Bridget . Being the ever adventurous tinkerer I compared the two Anna keys to each other and they where identical in both HK's so I exported the Wow6432Node key for Bridget edited out the "Wow6432\" part and imported it into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens just to see if it wasn't working because of the missing key and its still not working.

I guess there's some difference between Anesidora reading from the clipboard or windows dialog boxes and from her own window no idea but Bridget still works in Voice Attack's TTS function even after adding the registry key and rebooting.

KLSlim:
Thank you Raybe!

I swear I had tried that from reading around the forums and it didn't work but now it is. Maybe its working because I added the missing registry key I don't know but not going to complain.

KLSlim:
In my excitement I failed to notice that TTS for the clipboard and windows dialog boxes no longer works and I have to do the steps Raybe outlined very time I restart Anesidora, not the end of the world.

raybe:
Sorry I didn't mention that but, yes you need to repeat steps to register that voice every time you start program. I never really took the time to investigate problem. I took the same attitude at the time, if it works that way it wasn't the end of the world.

Glad kinda working for you. The only thing, I don't remember it affecting the tts for Windows as well. But if your okay then all is good.

raybe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version