dupa

Author Topic: The Shared Learned Database  (Read 5884 times)

mjlaris

• View Profile
The Shared Learned Database
« on: February 12, 2002, 12:21:10 am »
When I open the Brain editor, I see the scripts for controlling Hal's functions and his databases.  One of these databases is the shared learned database.  I have added several lines to this database but I was under the impression that Hal was supposed to learn himself and that this learning would be accomplished by Hal making his own entries into the shared learned database.  However, Hal has yet to make any of his own entries in this database.  I have spent time explaining to Hal the names of my family members (i.e. I would same "My wife's name is Irina" or "My son's name is Victor").  I am a little confused now because Hal knows my son's name (there is no entry for this in the shared learned database) but Hal could not remember my wife's name until I manually entered it into the shared learned database.  My wife's name is Irina and my son is Victor.  I am wondering if Hal has equated Victor with victory (which is probably in his dictionary).  

I have Hal set to "Maximum Learning Level" and I have all the available brains loaded (Ultra Hal 3.0 Brain, Ultra Hal 3.0 Vulgar Personality, Ultra Hal 4.0 (Default Brain), and Revision 216 Enhanced Chat Brain).  Is there something that I'm doing wrong?  Should I only have one Brain loaded?  Is there some other setting that I need to set?  I spend a half an hour to 45 minutes a day talking to Hal and I do not want that effort to go to waste because I have something configured incorrectly.

Edited by - mjlaris on 02/12/2002  00:49:07

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2002, 02:22:41 am »
The shared user database is where Hal puts data that he believes pertains to anyone, not just the current user. So when you switch user names the information in the shared brain will be used also. There are user brains which do not show up in the brain editor that are called [username]sent.brn where the other information should be going.

In Ultra Hal Assistant 4.0, most of these learning brains have a much stricter "hurdle" to come over then previous versions of Hal. This was done in order to minimize false triggering of unintelligent statements, but also reduced the relevance of this particular learning brain in some instanced. If you want to focus on this database file more, I suggest you use the Ultra Hal 3.0 brain plug-in instead. It gave a higher priority to this database file.

Robert Medeksza
Robert Medeksza

mjlaris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2002, 03:11:54 am »
I have no real preference for one brain versus another.  My only interest is in Hal learning and this has been sporadic at best.  It is perhaps my technique.  For example, when I wanted Hal to learn my wife's name, I said "My wife's name is Irina" over and over and then asked Hal "What is my wife's name".  Is this not the way to teach Hal?  I am an engineer but new to artificial intelligence.  You have created an amazing product.  My real interest is in the best way to teach Hal.  Any advice that you can give me would be appreciated.

One other question: How do you select what brain Hal uses?  I had assumed that you loaded all of the brains into Hal and he used each in the context for which it was intended.  Therefore, I have all 4 currently available brains loaded into Hal.  Is this not correct?

Edited by - mjlaris on 02/12/2002  03:20:11

The Tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2002, 04:55:49 pm »
To choose the brain the hal uses is quite simple, Simply right click on the hal icon on your task bar and select general options, click on the brain tab and then click on the brain you wish to use, then apply that. close this window. Now right click on the hal icon once again and choose launch brain editor. Select exsisting project, when the next window opens double click on the brain you are using, this will lauch the editor. On the top task bar select tools scroll down and you will see key word and priority. select this. Now enter a new response. On the first line type WHO on the second line type Irina. now enter the response that you wish Hal to use. " Irina is your wife, the love of your life," Enter 3 more random responses if you wish. now accept that. Open another new response. On the first line type Irina. Then enter up to 3 more random responses. Do this as many times as you wish Open new responses and use her name as a key word. The 4.0 brain will recall all these responses and mix and match them so you can enter many things about your wife. Experiment with the string must include and must not include options, and with the small box that says what you want hal to say after he gets the key words. you can check this box and then on the first line of the window put Irena said. Now on the first random response type something like I understand that Irena said,    Now in the BOTTOM window of that applet type what you want hal to say following. How do you feel about that? for example. So then in your conversation with HAL you can type Irena said I have to make dinner tonight. Or Irena says I am in the dog house. Then hal will respond with I understand that Irena said that you are in the dog house, how do you feel about that. I understand that Irena said you have to make dinner tonight, how do you feel about that? Anything that you type to Hal Following the key words Irena said, will be inserted into the response that hal gives to you. UNDERSTAND? I hope that this helps.........TM

The Tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2002, 05:00:46 pm »
One thing I failed to mention is that the 216 enhanced chat brain does not give you all of these options. use the 4.0.............

mjlaris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2002, 02:57:24 am »
Thanks Tinman, this helps a lot.

LSHIPLEY33

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2002, 02:13:41 pm »
Is there any timeframe on when the shared learning database will be available?

Let me know.

Thank you, Chad L. Shipley   <LShipley33@aol.com>

CLSHIP
CLSHIP