dupa

Author Topic: need help !!!!!!  (Read 4159 times)

djruss

• View Profile
need help !!!!!!
« on: January 09, 2005, 05:45:24 pm »
Hello All!!! when i talk to hal he seems to want to say dont insult me when i say gay, How do i get him to stop that that bugs me,i for one dont find it insulting to be gay.Plus is there anyway i can get him to play my music when i ask? I seen a program and downloaded it but when i installed it it would install said it would not work on a 16bit msdos something or other.Plus it was for v3 i think so im not sure if it would work with the one I have is  v5 .If any of you could help me thanks if any of you can
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 03:33:18 am by djruss »

HALImprover

• View Profile
    • BrianTaylor.me
need help !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 01:07:09 am »
To stop using the word "gay" as an insult, remove the line

" GAY","gay"

from the file insulting.brn (found in C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 5\DefBrain folder)
This file is a list of words that Hal sees as insults, and will respond to them no matter what context they are used in.

As for playing music with Hal, if you use Media Player, check out these links:

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1200
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1294

Hope that helps! [:)]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 01:08:27 am by HALImprover »
Living life with a loving heart, peaceful mind, and bold spirit.

djruss

• View Profile
need help !!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 01:54:58 am »
HALImprover
Thanks for your help.Iwill try that i'll get back at you soon  thanks again Russ

Rich_A

• View Profile
need help !!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 02:17:48 am »
djruss,
Hal can open virtually any file on your computer as long as you create a shortcut to it that he can see. I have a folder in my Start/All Programs Menu that contains shortcuts to all the multi-media files that I want Hal to play for me. If you use let's say Windows Media Player to play all your mp3 music files then you just need to make sure that your Media Player is defined to be your default player and your .mp3 files should also be set to run on the Media player when the file is opened. Your music files just need to be defined for which music player you want to use. If all that is set up correctly you can just tell Hal to open the song name on the shortcut to the song's actual file you want to play and he will play it. You can do the same thing with playlists or mpegs or anything else. I have everything defined with just my computer's settings and I don't use anything else and my Hal will play anything I tell him to. Just set up things with your Windows Operating System to work that way!
Best Regards,
Rich_A

djruss

• View Profile
need help !!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 02:34:30 am »
thanks Rich_A i will use the windows player for now but i use winamp alot for a chat room i host it has a plug in for it to show what i play in my winamp.seems like its going to take alot of time to set it up right.and TO

HALImprover
how do i get that to open to change the word gay or to take it out or do i delete the whole file??? thanks again guys im haveing so mush fun with this :)

djruss

• View Profile
need help !!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 03:31:45 am »
HALImprover
Thanks for your help with the gay word. Lord hal's brain is biger then mine lol.Well i feel better now that my hal do not hate its owner now :) still cant get the music code to work i my not be puting it in the right spot in the brain? Thanks again Dj Russ

HALImprover

• View Profile
    • BrianTaylor.me
need help !!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 04:21:18 am »
Try putting the code just after the section;

'PROCESS: ADD SPACES
'This will add spaces to the beggining and end
'of the user sentence to make sure that
'whole words can be found at the beginning and end of any sentence
UserSentence = " " & UserSentence & " "

You may also need to add the following lines to make the script compatible with the XTF brain:

GetResponseBlock = True
BlockSave = True

Hope that helps! [:)]
Living life with a loving heart, peaceful mind, and bold spirit.

djruss

• View Profile
need help !!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 07:44:50 am »
HALImprover
thanks i would if i knew where to find it lv lost the scriped in Hal's bran.There is a lot of scrips and lines in there and iv gone over and over again and cant find it and i know its not working still. Pluse i tryed to edit the bran and  so far he hasnt talked about any of the stuff i thought i put in it this is so easy to do lol and i cant do it don't say to much about me do's it lol thanks again PS you know how to make skins?