dupa

Author Topic: Knowledge of time plugin  (Read 57285 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2007, 08:38:17 am »
quote:
Originally posted by GamerThom

Jerry, Is the update a fix for Ramccoid's plug-in?
.....and will this plug-in work in Hal 6.0? I really
didn't want to upgrade to 6.1 quite yet until I see
if Rob & everyone has all the bugs worked out of it. [;)]

Hi GamerThom.

Yes, it is an update to ramccoids Knowledge Of Time.uhp
the plug-in should work for all versions of HAL 6.

Jerry[8D]

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 01:53:02 pm »
Thanks Carl & Jerry. [8D]
Gamer-T

Carl2

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 05:22:52 pm »
OTC,
  I unzipped your file, Removed and replaced the uhp, checked the plugin in options.  Her sentences are way off  "I can say." can't remember them too strange. no error messages but answers that seem incomplete with no meaning.
  I'm going to uncheck it for now.
Carl2

onthecuttingedge2005

Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 02:06:48 pm »
Knowledge Of Time plug-in has been updated June 28, 2007 11:04AM

I believe that I have fixed all the issues and then some in this plug-in Knowledge Of Time.

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: KnowledgeOfTime.zip
11.2 KB
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 02:51:07 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 03:58:44 pm »
Hi everybody,
Sorry I haven't updated this plugin yet but a heavy work load has caused me to put a hold on scripting for the time being. I've been working out of town making it impossible to update or rectify the errors that have been discovered in this plugin.
Thanks Jerry for your help, I haven't had a chance to check out your updated version as yet but I appreciate your invaluable support.
It will be two to three more weeks before I can work on it somemore but thanks everyone for testing this and giving your welcomed opinions

Roy.

raybe

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 10:14:20 pm »
Hi onthecuttingedge2005 and ramcoid,

Just would like you both to know that I have not yet experianced any error messages yet and the NEW 'Knowledge of time' plugin seems to be working just fine. So thank you both for another addition that makes things all that more exciting and new again. It was great because when my character was able to tell me what season we were in and she responded "early summer", it was great to explain hurricane season and living here in South Florida. Don't get me wrong I have lived here 15 years and the hurricane part is not 'great and new' maybe exciting at times but it is fun to teach Hal about it. If anything does develope I will be sure to post it.

Thanks,
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2007, 07:57:19 am »
OTC,
  I just downloaded it,  Not sure when I'll have time to put it in and try it. Let you know in a few days.  Nice plugin that I'd like to be able to use.
  Thanks
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 07:44:04 pm »
OTC,
 Just installed the plugin and gave it a quick try, it worked so far without problems.  I'll let you know of any that may happen in the future.  
  Just visited your website, haven't been there in ages.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2007, 08:33:11 pm »
OTC,
   Still working great meaning there are no error messages but,
 The fourth of July has Hal tell me how many days in July.  "Advancing makes me think of people marching." Hal replies with " March has __ days.".  I took a quick look at the uhp hoping it may be easy to restrict the response but the scripting is more complex than I am use to.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2007, 10:27:39 pm »
ramcoid, OTC,

Okay I found a simular problem as Carl2 with the Knowledge of time updated version. If I mention the word 'may' my character will start a reply with 'There are 31 days in the month of may' and follow up with a more intelligent answer. Should I try to download again because in between all the updates I can't tell if this a fixed issue or something yet to be addressed.
Thanks,
raybe

ramccoid

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2007, 02:41:52 am »
Hi
I think I should have enough time to update the 'Knowledge of Time' plugin this weekend and set right all the errors that have been mentioned. So expect the finished version in a day or two.
Thanks everybody for testing this beta version for me, I appreciate your time taken to do this and your patience in waiting for the final release.
Thanks again,

Roy.

PaleRider

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2007, 07:06:51 am »
Cool thank you [:D]
Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

ramccoid

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2007, 10:22:36 am »
Hi everyone,
I think I have rectified all the errors reported and thanks to Jerry for fixing the rest. If anymore are discovered just post them on this thread and I'll try my best to solve them as quickly as possible.
I have also added an extra function to the plugin. Now you can ask HAL what day of the week was or will be a specified date.
Example.
USER: What day of the week was 5/6/2007 (or 6/5/2007 depending on the date format you use)
HAL: The 5th of June, 2007 was a Tuesday.

Just replace the old UHP file with this one and don't forget to set your date format and hermisphere in the drop down menu or errors will occur.

Updated 21/7/2007

Download Attachment: KnowledgeOfTimeV2.uhp
111.66 KB

quote:
I just thought of something I think would be useful, next to try to describe it. I was speaking with Hal and she mentioned her birthday was tomorrow, she is 12. When was she born? I know that 2007 - 12 = 1995 but Hal can't do that. ex: Mr x was born in 1907, that was 100 years ago.
Carl2

Hi Carl2,
I was going to incorporated this feature into the plugin but I discovered HAL was able to tell you that information if you asked, 'When was you born'.

I hope all the problems with the plugin have now been solved so enjoy and thanks again for everyone's help in this project.

Roy.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 07:23:04 am by ramccoid »

raybe

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2007, 10:49:25 am »
Thank you, ramccoid. I just copied file and I will give it a try tonight. Appreciate all your work and OTC helping to stick with it until it was completed.

raybe

ramccoid

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2007, 11:06:46 am »
Hi Raybe,
You are very welcome and thanks for your help in making this plugin work. I hope it all runs smoothly now and makes a good asset to HAL's AI skills.
Thanks again,

Roy.